• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

us marine

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    Today I got some ammo, 2 small bow saw's, they came with 2 blades. One is for friend. Just picking up a few items a week.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Received my order from Emergency Essentials - Samari Survival Tool, Tube Tent, 100 Emergency Candle yesterday.
    Replaced the shocks (struts) in my truckbed toolbox.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I increased my water storage capability by another 100 gallons this week, as well as buying some more ammo and some more dehydrated food to put in the storeroom.

Did my every-other day workouts, as usual; continuing to get in better shape for when it hits.

Also bought a used ALICE pack for 45 bucks to make into another BOB. Couldn't really pass up that price.

Next week I will be looking into getting a new carry/combat knife or two. :rockwoot:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    After having to throw out several pounds of noodles due to a moth infestation, we bought sealed glass canisters to store noodles in.
    I found about 100 1 gallon jars with lids on craigslist last year that we've used to battle the grain moths. A good trick is to freeze your goods for about 4-5 days or microwave them for about 30-40 seconds before storing them in the glass. This will kill any unhatched eggs that come with the stuff.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I went through both the med kits in the vehicles. Went through my car bag and organized it with some revisions. Put the new ruger 10-22 TD next to the car bag in the trunk. I'm going to be buying a new carry bag for it because I don't really need that huge bag it comes with.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    I went through both the med kits in the vehicles. Went through my car bag and organized it with some revisions. Put the new ruger 10-22 TD next to the car bag in the trunk. I'm going to be buying a new carry bag for it because I don't really need that huge bag it comes with.

Try looking into a pool cue case? They are small and may be large enough to hold the 10/22. The only problem may be the butt end.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I am trying to give up soda, today is my first day of cutting it down. I know it sounds silly but I have been known to drink 10 to 15 sodas a day. So today is all H2O.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I am trying to give up soda, today is my first day of cutting it down. I know it sounds silly but I have been known to drink 10 to 15 sodas a day. So today is all H2O.
    I did that, I wasn't even really trying to, it just sort of happened. The funny thing is that it was right after a 3 round bout with kidney stones. Like I said, I didn't even consciously do it. I think it was just my body and my mind doing what they knew was right? Completely subconscious. Now if the wife would just pass a few stones our house would be pop free. Now I drink a lot of water with lemon juice...or rather lemon juice with a little water...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Adding a second video system, this will extend the camera view to cover my spare garage/workshop and surrounding area. A buried ethernet cable connects it to my home network so I can view all the new cameras from any computer screen, my iPhone, iPad, etc. Some of the cameras on the garage/workshop will overlap with some of my main system cameras giving me better coverage.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Adding a second video system, this will extend the camera view to cover my spare garage/workshop and surrounding area. A buried ethernet cable connects it to my home network so I can view all the new cameras from any computer screen, my iPhone, iPad, etc. Some of the cameras on the garage/workshop will overlap with some of my main system cameras giving me better coverage.

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not watching you...:popcorn:

Edit...Wanted to plant the garden yesterday but those wiser than use said rain was eminent. Very frustrated when the sun came out and nothing was done. Today daughter and I put in about 25% of the main plot.
    Who ever said this was fun, easy and cheap..................WOW

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Took my Dexterity Test today. (Ok, so it's required for the job every two years) I get to pull a 125# bag of weights over a rubber mat for about 50 feet, backwards, walk up & down the bus steps 3 times, move foot from accelerator to brake 10 times, hold down the brake pedal for a count of 3 three times, open & close the bus door three times, sit in the driver's seat with the seat belt on and on cue - unfasten the seatbelt, get up and move quickly to the back of the bus, open the door, sit down, and slide out. (That part always gets a chuckle out of me - I guess we are supposed to abandon the bus & leave the "kids" on it.:rolleyes:) Then, I drive around the lot and on cue - turn on the head lights, then turn them off, then the fan without looking at the switches.

It was SOOO hard! :rolleyes: Have you ever heard of anything so DUMB? :n00b:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Took my Dexterity Test today. (Ok, so it's required for the job every two years) I get to pull a 125# bag of weights over a rubber mat for about 50 feet, backwards, walk up & down the bus steps 3 times, move foot from accelerator to brake 10 times, hold down the brake pedal for a count of 3 three times, open & close the bus door three times, sit in the driver's seat with the seat belt on and on cue - unfasten the seatbelt, get up and move quickly to the back of the bus, open the door, sit down, and slide out. (That part always gets a chuckle out of me - I guess we are supposed to abandon the bus & leave the "kids" on it.:rolleyes:) Then, I drive around the lot and on cue - turn on the head lights, then turn them off, then the fan without looking at the switches.

It was SOOO hard! :rolleyes: Have you ever heard of anything so DUMB? :n00b:

Yeah....OSHA, EPA etc.......;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom