• Status
    Not open for further replies.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I helped 26 people advance toward becoming effective with a rifle to 400 yards. What is more, I helped them learn how to teach other people how to do it too.

I know that the strength of my community prominently figures into my strength. I have been working to strengthen my community in effort to increase my pool of resources. I figure having a few hundred riflemen in my corner increases my chances of survivability.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Worked on the second garden plot. It was a brush pile 3 weeks ago. We hauled 3 loads of brush/limbs etc. to be mulched. Spent the entire day burning the rest. Now it is ready to till.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I helped 26 people advance toward becoming effective with a rifle to 400 yards. What is more, I helped them learn how to teach other people how to do it too.

I know that the strength of my community prominently figures into my strength. I have been working to strengthen my community in effort to increase my pool of resources. I figure having a few hundred riflemen in my corner increases my chances of survivability.

That's what I'm talking about! I'd feel a lot better about the way this country was heading if I knew everyone had a hunting rifle that they could make a 500 yard first round hit with.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We fired up the old tiller and turned the new plot. It has never been a garden so this was a real joy. We put sand and peat in the ground on the 2nd pass over the area. Now we plant.

Edit...mail call....45, .223, .243...I likes Boolets.

Last edited:

Glock22c

SHEEPDOG
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    N.E. IN
    Ordered my 18" barrel for the pump
    Bought 500rnds of .40cal/ 9mmm. And 1k of .556.
    Also found a full lvl5 body armor suite for $250 with ceramic plates
    And a Winchester mod 70 heavy barrel in. 308 for $250!
    Thank GOD for SNIPERCO!

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Almost done fabricating the parts for my old yard sale tiller. I paid $30 for it last year and just wasn't happy with the way it was running. Replaced the motor on it with the one I picked up for $50 and there was no threaded hole (or any hole for that matter) on the new one to mount the belt tensioner to. A bit of cutting and grinding and welding with some scrap steel and viola, a new bracket to attach the tensioner to! Oh, the bolt holes on the new motor didn't line up either so I drilled out some new ones. This old Montgomery Ward tiller has a cast iron body! The old motor that was on it seems to be built like a brick outhouse too, so it will certainly be torn down and gone through when time allows.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Almost done fabricating the parts for my old yard sale tiller. I paid $30 for it last year and just wasn't happy with the way it was running. Replaced the motor on it with the one I picked up for $50 and there was no threaded hole (or any hole for that matter) on the new one to mount the belt tensioner to. A bit of cutting and grinding and welding with some scrap steel and viola, a new bracket to attach the tensioner to! Oh, the bolt holes on the new motor didn't line up either so I drilled out some new ones. This old Montgomery Ward tiller has a cast iron body! The old motor that was on it seems to be built like a brick outhouse too, so it will certainly be torn down and gone through when time allows.

I have one from Central hardware that has been in the family for 48 plus years. It is a Dynamark. The original 5 hp Briggs still beats the crap out of you and has never had the head off.
    I remember Monkey Wards.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Picked up all the seeds and starts for the garden. More fuel (Gas) and some ammo.

Edit....who ever said putting in a garden is cheap and easy............I need to speak with him...................:draw:

This is a butt load of work.

Last edited:

sgtonory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Carmel
    Got a new Shotgun today and purchased 120 Quart canning jars, 25 pounds of dry apples, 150 pounds of rice, planted my garden feeling a lot better. Time for more ammo and can a lot of meat.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom