• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hotwired

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    I made fire, 2 different ways with just the stuff I found in my yard, 2 different friction methods.

first the bow and drill method, took longer to setup, but made the fire easier with less effort.

second try was fire thong method, quicker to setup, but materials would be harder to find, it took allot of effort to get fire.

wife thought I was nuts till she saw the smoke.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I made fire, 2 different ways with just the stuff I found in my yard, 2 different friction methods.

first the bow and drill method, took longer to setup, but made the fire easier with less effort.

second try was fire thong method, quicker to setup, but materials would be harder to find, it took allot of effort to get fire.

wife thought I was nuts till she saw the smoke.

Face it, she's right.

Zoub will be adding something to this if he see's it. God of fire and all.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Looking into some "bugout bikes". .............Just mountain bikes ,.....need to think of different transportation methods besides vehicles. Wondering how much we can strap on a bike. ...........getting ready to find out.
    I've seen some pictures of people in Asia that could teach us a bit about loading a bicycle! They can get a family of 5 and an entire house full of furniture on one!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    NOTHING this week. Spent too much money on other stuff. Got a new 3pt Land Pride 72" finish mower for my tractor and should be picking up another very very very rare Detonics CombatMaster this afternoon in super sexy 38 Super!

If anyone is looking for a 60" Mid-Mount mower deck (New Holland 714-A) in barely used condition, let me know. I have it listed for sale for $850 (worth a whole lot more).

tocaman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    MT->MI->IN->SC
    Finished up and installed the 3 rain barrels - HOA be damned. Can't see them over the fence anyway :D

Finally replaced the battery backup sump pump with one made this decade. Looking into a smaller solar charger for the battery.

Lots of stuff planned this weekend - inside stuff for Saturday if it rains, outside stuff for Sunday.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I am itemizing all of my gear so I can determine what I am missing. Attempting to organize everything in a color coded setup to make locating individual items easier. I got a long road ahead of me, but at least I got started.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I went "rummaging" yesterday and bought some things for the camper.
    Logged on to a local auction site to bid on a couple more cabinets (metal) to store stuff in if the price doesn't get too high and I win the bid.

My son found some struts for my toolbox on Ebay and I ordered them (Set)

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Got most of my fence done around the chicken coop, have about 8 ft left to hang fence slats on and build a gate and its done but mother nature had to rain on my parade!

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I re-arranged my storage room upstairs and took some bags, water, coolers, etc., up. Much neater now - downstairs as well as upstairs. (I still have work to do down here. :rolleyes:)

Wheeler78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    NWI
    I'm new to prepping but I got the wife into gardening by getting her's set up. I added a few things to my BOB. We had a fire in our fire pit so I started it with my magnesium fire starter thing kinda got to get the hang of it some more lol. Oh. And we added some more fire wood.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I'm new to prepping but I got the wife into gardening by getting her's set up. I added a few things to my BOB. We had a fire in our fire pit so I started it with my magnesium fire starter thing kinda got to get the hang of it some more lol. Oh. And we added some more fire wood.
    Toss that magnesium in the drawer and get a FIRESTEEL. You will not be disappointed. Oh, and don't waste money on the fancy wood or plastic handles or funky strikers, just get the firesteel as is.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    This week I took the fire kit I put together and tried making fire a few different ways since I've never really used anything other than a lighter or match with an accelerant.

Magnifying lens - Success
    Steel Wool - Success
    Magnesium Bar - Success

Ferro Rod aka Metal Match - Not a chance in hell.
    I made the tinder piles the exact same way each time so I don't know why it wouldn't take. Going to give it another shot tomorrow and see what happens or doesn't happen.

T-Bolt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    Four Guns in addition to classes and prepping stuff we now have equipment for sealing #10 cans and Mylar bags for food storage. The equipment can be reserved and used at no cost to you. All the supplies for the equipment will be sold at cost. As all the equipment and the supplies came from the LDS warehouse there will no profit.

Just doing our part to help people prep.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I took a defensive pistol course with a buddy of mine today. It was the ACT DP101 course.

This is my final run. I started with a mag loaded with 6 rounds and 1 dummy. The drill was to move and draw your weapon, shoot and find the dummy, clear the malfunction while moving, finish the mag, reload while moving, shoot 3 rounds, and then scan while moving. I didn't do too bad with only 2 of the rounds barely outside the marked area of the target, but both were still well within the damage zone. I completed with 14.4 seconds from buzzer to the last round fired. Ideal time was to be under 20 seconds.

I had fun and it gave me a lot of things to practice on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P54qfzpp5aA&

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom