• Status
    Not open for further replies.

The Mechanic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    LDS cannery

Took my first trip to the lds cannery at 5150 84st very nice people.fair prices,good selection on bulk grain and storage supplies.02 absorbers 10 bucks per 100.I've used rice straight from 5 gal buccket after 2 years with no funny taste but would still think mylar would be better.sorry for the ramble reading to many threads at once.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ordered a butt load of MRE's and freeze dried food. More water, canned goods and Meds.
    Picked up a new pack ax, folding saw knife, propane, and ammo at Wally world.

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    saw a tree company cutting down a large oak tree so i stopped to see if they were going to be keeping the trunk and large limbs for them to sell for firewood next fall/winter. low and behold i got me 2 pickup loads of white oak for free. not to mentioned it was already sectioned into the lenght i needed. with the weather being so nice this weekend, i got the splitter out and went to town on!! got lots of extra wood now

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    picked up a cool round plastic tub thing that actually has a ring that latches down to keep the lid on. pretty good sized and cheap

jake

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    I trained my body to be ready for whatever the future may hold, and resisted giving into what addictions that I have overcome so far.
    On a more tangible note, went to the range and fired off a couple rounds, forged a Karambit, learned a few new things at my job (hospital), and have resolved myself to moving out of the Louisville metro area this spring.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    turned an old unused paintball gearbag/back pack into a stuck somewhere for three days bag. 2 person tent, first aid kit, camp stove, small set of cooking gear, waterproof matches, 3 lighters, 2 emergency blankets, 2 disposable ponchos, water purification tablets (will be upgrading to microfilter and steripen when funds become available) multitool, small tarp, camp axe, tp, a pack of cigarettes (if stuck with a smoker, im not putting up with it), sleeping bag. also tossed a case of chef boyardee (pull tab tops) and a case of water in the back of both cars.

edit: just added a katadyn filter and steripen for water purfication to pack along with a small tacklebox full of batteries for flashlights. added two flashlights (i always carry one in pocket anyways so those werent 100% on my right now list)

Last edited:

The Mechanic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Went to the 1500 picked-up some new gear,a few goodies for another AR.Stopped by gander on the way home got a MSR pocket rocket.Always resisted the urge,thougt that was cheeting to cook with but i am getting old.Had to try it out cooked some spam and potato perls,how did i survive without one of these!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Finished the new BOB. Complete refit on a new style bag. This outfit should support the wife and I for at least 4 days if frugal.
    More ammo and re-organized the gun safes to make room for the new (to me) Remington 1100 with Nylon furniture.
    Received the MRE's I ordered (see the How to use MRE thread...Duh) and added these and the items my wife picked up this week to the food stores.
    Cycled the genny's under load and had issues with one.
    This has become a full time job.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Finished the new BOB. Complete refit on a new style bag. This outfit should support the wife and I for at least 4 days if frugal.
    More ammo and re-organized the gun safes to make room for the new (to me) Remington 1100 with Nylon furniture.
    Received the MRE's I ordered (see the How to use MRE thread...Duh) and added these and the items my wife picked up this week to the food stores.
    Cycled the genny's under load and had issues with one.
    This has become a full time job.
    Yes, but it is certainly more enjoyable than the other jobs out there....vocation/vacation:) Too bad the pay scale is reversed.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Carried my new lc9 all day on my hip just because...it weighs less than the radio
    my job makes me tote. Finally, a gun that doesn't pull down my pants.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Lately we've been doing some cooking on cast iron pans. Last Friday night we made steaks on a lodge logic grill pan (type with the ridges) on the stove and was some of the finest steaks we've ever had. Cast Iron only for us from here on out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom