• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Wife got me a Remington 1187 12 Gauge Shotgun for christmas as well as some ammo for it, but not much other than that with the holidays. Have plans on getting another 1,000 more rounds of ammo later this week, maybe even today if things work out.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Test fired my new carry gun {will continue testing till confidence occurs}
    bought an assortment of grains and the boss has been cooking whole grain cereal for
    breakfast all week...I think I could live on it if nesessary. {miss the bacon}

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Started two more FAK/Basic Trauma kits. Quikclot combat gauze, israeli bandages, tourniquets, steri strips, prestige shears, quikclot 25g sponges, ace self adhesive bandages, and mylar blankets. Looking to add some Oral I.V. and a few other items as well. One will go in my car kit and two will be in my IFAK's. Oops, need to clarify. I've nearly completed 2 kits and started a third.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Rotated some food and H2O.
    Dusted off the HAM license manual since I'm gonna start pushing the family to get their ticket.

That's about it. My Christmas present has very little SHTF value, but will keep me (and my family) sane in the meantime.

We'll see what family Christmas on Saturday brings, but it's looking like a prep-less holiday for me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Condition? The Truth About Poop: Understanding Stool Color, Shape, and Frequency

On a more serious note...Week four with no grocery store. I do get milk, bread and pop at the C-store regularly though. So far just as expected, low on every day meat, not breaking into the bigger stuff (briskets, hams, big roasts) yet though, we'll go to the store for that as I already intend to hunt small game daily in a real shtf situation....Got the barrel stove set back up in the attached garage and pumping out heat to the house. Propane runs me about 3-4000 per winter, wood=$50 a week. This will be our second winter in this house without using gas, I keep 3 100# bottles that run the furnace for a week each just in case. Drained the sediment from the water heater and replaced the elements, also prepping to build an "attachment" for the barrel stove that will heat water in emergency. Anyone have any experience installing a wood furnace in-line with the gas one? I picked one up from another member this past summer and haven't gotten around to installing it yet. Currently smoking from our tobacco supply and the wife and I have decided to quit now realizing just how much we were spending at three packs a day between us....wish us luck!

This is an annual winter routine for us except the quitting smoking part. It keeps getting easier as we gradually hone our skills and methods of execution. We'll give it another month or so and then move back to normal, replenishing our supplies. This sure helps catch up on rotation.

I am an HVAC tech by trade. I have assisted friends with the wood over gas furnace deal. Everything depends on the furnace as to where it goes in your system. Available room, flu access and size along with other issues. Without eyeballing it these questions can not be answered. PM me and I will help if possible. Luck on your exercise.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I am an HVAC tech by trade. I have assisted friends with the wood over gas furnace deal. Everything depends on the furnace as to where it goes in your system. Available room, flu access and size along with other issues. Without eyeballing it these questions can not be answered. PM me and I will help if possible. Luck on your exercise.
    It's all pretty easily accessible in the garage out in the open, probably a pretty simple job but when it comes to HVAC and fire in my house I tend to err on the cautious side! I'll be in touch in the next few weeks, THANK YOU FOR THE OFFER!

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Update:Got me a nice Remington 597 22.cal rifle with scope, 1000 rounds of .22 and 200 rounds of 12 guage shotgun shells for the new 1187 my wife got me. The wife purchased more canned food today as well.

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    Added:
    200 rds of 9mm, MAG5-60, cast iron skillet, cast iron griddle, 50 long stem candles (thank you Walmart Clearance rack), 7 oz of Silver, oh ya and half a cow now in the deep freezer

;-)

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Took my wife to the ER and had an appendectomy done.It would not have been a fun shtf thing and was for sure an emergency.

She is back home and going through recovery.

That appendix is a pesky thing.If this had happened after shtf it would have been life threatening for sure.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Congrats on getting her there on time and having everything work out. While she is recovering remind her that she won't have to go through this if SHTF. Not much, but it is something.

Guy I work with had an appendectomy done. Guess it burst while in surgery. He spent a couple weeks in the hospital. Not something that I would want a novice in the kitchen doing on me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Congrats on getting her there on time and having everything work out. While she is recovering remind her that she won't have to go through this if SHTF. Not much, but it is something.

Guy I work with had an appendectomy done. Guess it burst while in surgery. He spent a couple weeks in the hospital. Not something that I would want a novice in the kitchen doing on me.

You get everything you can together as far as food, shelter, power, protection
    and set up a network of like minded folks only to be struck down by something like this. Bad Karma. My wife has had a series of abdominal surgery's that require her to take specific medication (scrip) so we have a good supply on hand but that has a limit.
    This week, more food, water and helping daughter get her BOB up to speed using the great info we have gathered from here.

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Added another SR40C to the collection yesterday evening. After shooting the wife's SR40 I was jealous and had to have one but wanted the compact. Ruger sure has got a lot of my money the last month of course so has Marlin. Now time load up a few hundred practice loads and get this piece broke and ready to go. Went through some food stores during the holiday's due to things being forgoten but the stocked shelves in the basement saved the dinner. Going to the store here in a bit to replenish what was used and add couple that have not been added cause they were looked over.

fatduk1963

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Warren IN
    went to the dollar store got burn cream, anti-diarrheal ,long butaine lighters,rolled gauze, triple antibiotic ointment ,mucus relief DM, trail mixes santa fe -fruit&nuts hand sanitizer tropical trail mix . 4 of each 2 of every thing will be added to truck & car get home bags.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Picked up a lot of formula, baby food, and baby oatmeal.

I did a "grip chop" mod to my xd 45 to make it a compact. Now its just the way I want it to be for carrying. I also replentished my 45 acp ammo supply.

Touched up one little rough spot on the rear. Pin of my AR. Now it works exactly like it should and I'm glad I decided to build it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Since getting into INGO I could post every day on what we are doing. All of our stores, planning etc has been re-evaluated from the info we have gotten. I am getting out all the captain colman gear (camping) and going through it right now. Cycling catalytic heaters and such.

latham17

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    indy
    we just started a local indy prepping group. we are a group of like minded people who ACTUALLY participate in training and prepping. we have members who are policemen, military, firearm instructors and even a guy who has an FFL so we get guns, accessories and ammo at wholesale prices (for members only). Our website is www.indypreppers.org we also have a forum, there are hidden sections for members only that we use to announce events and other private info. we also use the forum to "weed out" the undesirables.

IndyPrepper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2011
    we just started a local indy prepping group. we are a group of like minded people who ACTUALLY participate in training and prepping. we have members who are policemen, military, firearm instructors and even a guy who has an FFL so we get guns, accessories and ammo at wholesale prices (for members only). Our website is www.indypreppers.org we also have a forum, there are hidden sections for members only that we use to announce events and other private info. we also use the forum to "weed out" the undesirables.

My Name is under copyright.... That'll be 5 dollars

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom