• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Since last updated we bought beginning stock or stocked up more of or did the following:

laundry soap
    softener
    bleach
    bar soap
    shampoo
    simple green
    ammo
    duct tape
    electrical tape
    romex wire (underground)
    copper tubing and fittings
    aluminum plate stockl
    sawazz blades
    hack saw blades
    one sided razor blades (scraper)
    paper towels
    hand soap pump bottles
    hand sanatizer
    handy wipes
    TP
    bottled water
    soup in cans
    veggies in cans
    dish soap
    gatorade
    FRS Radios
    batteries
    hand tools
    safety glasses
    Zip ties
    extra lumber
    screws
    nails
    light bulbs
    repacked bags for cool weather
    rotated fuel
    fuel stabilizer, seafoam and stabil both
    test ran generator
    changed oil in generator
    winterized generator
    downloaded maps from USGS
    backed up all informational data
    gun cleaning items
    toilet sanitizer tablets
    pool shock
    pool chlorine tablets
    changed oil in large air compressor
    changed oil in primary BOV
    changed oil in secondary BOV
    searched for tires and lift kit for primary BOV
    searched for new scout/patrol vehicle (Jeep is too far from being done soon, being shifted to back, back burner project)
    clothes pins
    paracord
    heavy non-climbing rope
    bungie cords
    tarps
    sand paper
    spackle
    rat traps
    mouse traps
    fly strips
    cappachino/espresso machine
    organic milk, 8 oz each box, no refrigeration needed, good for one year
    oil lamp
    oil
    bug oil
    red bull
    good voda

oh and made new tin foil hats for whole family..

Last edited:

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    Today out of pure genius my wife discovered a new piece of supply we'll use.

Foldable dog bowl. It's made of a fabric outlined on the inside with a waterproof fabric. It's lightweight, compartable and decently sized. Can't cook in it though but Best part? it's a buck. Check out the local dollar store.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Last night I bought an 11-87. I want to get better at taking targets out of the air and now I have two 12ga shotguns so I feel a lot better about the whole 1 is none, 2 is one mindset on shotguns.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Yesterday my wife and I went to see the movie Contagion and we went out to eat afterwards. We spoke about things we need to do to prepare. We have been preparing for the last couple of months slowly but surely. We started talking about more things we need to get. We had spoken about getting a shotgun in the past, and she agreed that we need one. I have four handguns and a Mosin Nagant, but no shotgun. She gave me the thumbs up to go buy one. We went to Wal-mart tonight (Lots of scuzzy people there tonight) and looked at the shotguns. I wanted to see the 870’s but they were out. They had some Mossberg’s, but not any that I wanted to buy. I will put that off until next week at Dunham’s Sports. I bought 4 2.5 gal jugs of water. I also ran 3.1 miles this morning to keep my heart healthy.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    It's a David-Bradley made right up the road in Bradley,Il...when it was still a free
    state. My grandpa and uncle both worked there so it's a bit of nostalgia for me.
    I'd like to get the old magneto motor running. It came with a moldboard plow,
    snowplow,cultivator and a disc. Hope to buy a sickle bar this winter. Also a hood
    as this one was lost.

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    Last night I bought an 11-87. I want to get better at taking targets out of the air and now I have two 12ga shotguns so I feel a lot better about the whole 1 is none, 2 is one mindset on shotguns.

Get spare O-Rings and piston seals for it, guys who use them a lot are always stopping in to get them.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    It's a David-Bradley made right up the road in Bradley,Il...when it was still a free
    state. My grandpa and uncle both worked there so it's a bit of nostalgia for me.
    I'd like to get the old magneto motor running. It came with a moldboard plow,
    snowplow,cultivator and a disc. Hope to buy a sickle bar this winter. Also a hood
    as this one was lost.

That is a pretty neat little connection with the Tractor there!

The Reason I asked was I have a Friend who Has a Bradley. Pretty rare little Tractor.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Get spare O-Rings and piston seals for it, guys who use them a lot are always stopping in to get them.

Thanks for the recommendations! I knew about the o-rings, but I didn't know about the piston seals. I can't imagine that I'd need to replace anything right away, but I want to get the spare comsumable parts ahead of time.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Today I'm trying out a mainstay emergency ration bar over lunch. All I can say is that WOW these suck. I mean these things are just bad. I'm a fat guy and I didn't eat the whole thing if that tells you anything.

Next, I tried a datrex bar to try it out while I was at it. It wasn't nearly as bad as the mainstay bars, but it still wasn't something I would want to eat if I didn't have to (maybe that's a good thing).

One thing is for sure, I'm going to stick to MRE's for my emergency food. I'm glad I actually took the time to order some of these and try them out over a lunch, but I don't think I'm going to be ordering any of these again. I was hoping they would taste like a protein bar, or something along those lines, but I was wrong.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Eased back a little on the conditioning. A couple trips to the gym and about 9 miles of road work. But..

I did an all day Force on Force training day with the Valpo PD. Got in 12 gunfights, a few knifefights and went to the ground more than a couple times. I was whupped. Good training.

2 dryfire sessions. G19, J frame, AK, bolt gun.

1 Fight Nite, drills, sparring, weapon retention

Practiced my knots
    Practiced plotting UTM coordinates.

Split some firewood getting ready for fall.

Finished reading David Grossmans "On Combat". Excellent book.

Jason1508

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2011
    We have been putting things in a couple duffle bags incase we have to up and leave unexpectedly we are ready to grab and go if we have to.:dunno: We are stocking up on ammo and making sure we have the guns ready as well as water, MRE's, and other survival things needed incase of a disaster.:yesway:

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    Bought a foodsaver vacuum sealer. Messed around with it and made a couple small packets with dryer lint/vaseline in them. Went from golf ball sized down to condomish size.(little smaller)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom