• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    You can buy 1k of .223 for 100$? Did you mean the money was for food weekly?

That is a good setup for you. My advice is don't get rid of the SKS. They are nice rifles, and having a secondary caliber can't hurt.

Remember that the 1500 is in a few weeks. My favorite bulk dealer is there and you can get nice surplus ammo pretty cheap.

Wish I could get the scrap for 100$ a week in food storage. I have a chunk already, but never enough.

Congrats on that!

sentinelrepublic

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Noblesville
    You can buy 1k of .223 for 100$? Did you mean the money was for food weekly?

That is a good setup for you. My advice is don't get rid of the SKS. They are nice rifles, and having a secondary caliber can't hurt.

Remember that the 1500 is in a few weeks. My favorite bulk dealer is there and you can get nice surplus ammo pretty cheap.

Wish I could get the scrap for 100$ a week in food storage. I have a chunk already, but never enough.

Congrats on that!

Yeah, every two weeks, 100 dollars to food storage.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Maintained combat conditioning: 12 miles of running/rucking. Weights, Mtn biked 17 miles.

2 dry fire sessions

1 heavy bag/drills/sparring session (light)

Obtained a couple Raven Vanguard trigger guard "holsters". Very nice.

My 8 year old took a complete inventory of canned goods in the survival pantry. This is the pantry that mirrors our regular pantry and includes regular stuff we eat every day, as oppossed to Mountain house, MREs and 5 gallon buckets. Anyway, she told me we did not have enough canned fruit, or canned olives. Tsk tsk. So I went out and fixed that, plus some more goods.

Went camping with that same daughter last weekend. Its an annual thing. Spent the weekend hiking, swimming and doing camp craft. ID'd plants, berries, tracks. She made our fire using ferro rod and steel. Good to train the pups.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    I'm attending an apple seed shoot and hope to learn what I should have learned at
    14...how to properly shoot a rifle. I'll report back here if I think it's worth it...

cumminspwrd02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I haven't posted in this topic for a while. This weekened I started canning the tomatoes I'm growing in my garden. This time I did sauce, next time I can I'll do some diced or stewed tomatoes. I'm going to can other veggies and later on can some homemade stew and soups. Couple weeks ago I stocked up some more on canned goods and dry goods for the pantry and some more 7.62x54R.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Shot the apple seed coarse over 13/14 aug. Boy do I need practice...
    Got the basics down though. All I need is to do the work. Found out 1 thing for sure,
    should have done this at 14 while I was still limber!
    One thing I did learn, America needs Appleseed. Met a lot of older guys who shot
    guns for years who couldn't pass a basic marksman test. I highly recommend that every
    body get to an Appleseed. Bring your .22 the first time or you'll feel like you're
    wasting ammo. Oh, and bring your son or daughter... while they're still young.

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    Okay, I prep in some way at least weekly! I just don't feel all that comfortable posting most of them on the interwebs! :/ But this is one that seems to be just fine and most here will enjoy.

I just picked up a MOE (mid) all nighter wood burner for $100 w/ a buch of extras, and included most of the piping too. They don't make em like this anymore. It is
    super heavy duty and will fit 24 in. logs. As you can see from the pics it has some surface rust on top, but that is easy enough to take care of. What a buy it was...HEAT FREEDOM!!!
    IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

And in the same weekend I picked up 5 really nice metal shelves for $10 bucks a pop. And at the same auction I got the shelves I also picked up 2 really nice school desks for $5 a piece for our 2 children we home school!
    IMG_1526.jpg

Prepping is a lifestyle!!!

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I'm not a big SHTF prepper, but I did purchase an emergency radio that works off of both AC, batteries and a crank!

Have you tried it yet? Can you hear any of the local weather alert stations? If not, that should be the first thing you do with it. :twocents:

I believe ".GOV" says it will also provide "information" on these stations in all sorts of SHTF events.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Went to the park to watch the kids so my wife and her friend could walk. I ended up going for a walk with them. When they wanted to quit I hit them up for one more lap and I grabbed my backpack out of the back of my vehicle. I was kind of surprised at how well I did with my backpack and my little girl sitting on my shoulders.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    A little more work getting my storage right.
    Patched some holes that were created when the "guys" sprayed insolation and messed up the walls. (That stuff is a mega mess!) Moved some buckets so that they are easier to get to.

Went through some boxes, threw away a LOT of stuff - years worth of magazines; Guns & Ammo, Rifleman, Flying, etc. I had 7 "tall kitchen" bags worth of "junk" that I had stored for decades! :rolleyes: I more than doubled my storage space.

I STILL have to do the basement. :( But, until I get back to work and can afford some "industrial" strength spider killer, I'm not touching most of the junk down there! :eek:

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Gave the grand-daughter her first rifle lesson. She was very much enthused but
    more important she was exited about the 'rules' . Not bad for 7...makes Papo kinda
    proud.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Just got back from a couple stores with the family. Wife made the mistake of saying she needed a couple things and I turned it into a resupply trip for the zombie room.

Got a few extra essentials like TP, soap, honey, ramen, sugar, flour, etc.

Picked up an ACE type bandage for the GHB. Not sure why I never had one in there, but I do now.

Checked out the ammo that wally world had but decided to wait until next week when I hit the 1500. Also looked at bedroll mats but not sure how durable they are. Going to check that out as well.

Picked up another food grade tote to clean out. Think I will use this one for water and one of the others for kibble. They have gaskets on the top lid to keep them airtight. 2" ball valve on bottom for easier dispensing. Now to find true bulk dog food.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I just picked up a MOE (mid) all nighter wood burner for $100 w/ a buch of extras, and included most of the piping too. They don't make em like this anymore. It is
    super heavy duty and will fit 24 in. logs. As you can see from the pics it has some surface rust on top, but that is easy enough to take care of. What a buy it was...HEAT FREEDOM!!

Prepping is a lifestyle!!!

Nice looking stove. A wire brush and some high heat paint and it'll be looking like new in no time.

I installed a wood stove last winter and what a difference! The house was warmer and it Cut my electric bill in half the first 15 days of use and dropped it even more the first full month. It was a great investment as I'm sure yours will be.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom