• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Got another 100 rnds of 9mm ammo and some food/water to add to my preps.

Gonna keep buying ammo every payday. My wife wouldn't let me get any on Friday.. "didn't you just get 4 boxes this week already?"... "yeah honey, but that was on Tuesday and not on payday" :dunno:

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Ive been selling guns, gear and all kinds of other bs i had around the house to put towards things that we will actually need and use. Its actually kinda nice to thin the herd and buy things we really need.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Maintained combat condition level, weights, running, ruck march.

1 dry fire session
    1 Fight Nite, rolling, heavy bag, sparring, in fight weapons access
    1 Range session, G19, AR, fundementals, small groups etc.

Rotated gasoline from cans, into vehicles. Topped up cans w/ fresh gas and stabil.

Started harvesting choice hardwoods from the storm, stocking my woodpile with red and white oak, maple, hickory. Mmmm.

Prepped gear and notes for teaching six shelter/survival workshops this weekend.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I finished up the storm cellar last weekend and I figured I'd put everything through a good run through.
    GEEZ! I used 3 times the fuel in the generators I'd figured on using to keep everything running.So much for estimated gas usage from the tags on the generators.
    I have to store more gasoline than I figured now and have to re-evaluate my storage tanks for gas for vehicles and generators now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I finished up the storm cellar last weekend and I figured I'd put everything through a good run through.
    GEEZ! I used 3 times the fuel in the generators I'd figured on using to keep everything running.So much for estimated gas usage from the tags on the generators.
    I have to store more gasoline than I figured now and have to re-evaluate my storage tanks for gas for vehicles and generators now.

Dry runs are useful. Real world stats. Fuel consumption on most genny's is not rated at or near full loads. Be reasonable with the power. Comfort should be last on the list.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Dry runs are useful. Real world stats. Fuel consumption on most genny's is not rated at or near full loads. Be reasonable with the power. Comfort should be last on the list.
    I'm preparing and setting up for comfort also in case all power goes down for any length of time. I want to run at 100% as needed for any situation. I'll just have to refigure my requirements and needs. It's what this practice run was for. Back to the drawing board for now.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Bought 2 55 gallon drums for water storage. I got them from the Emergency Essentials website. I get the catalog every month. I also bought a few of the items that go along with them. I had bought 10 of the 2.5 gallon square, plastic water bottles from Wal-Mart. After about 8 months they started leaking and ruined some stuff in the basement. That's when I decided to buy the drums. It's been on my list for a while, but I just haven't wanted to kick the money in for them. I am sure that there are a butt load of places to get them cheaper, but that is where I bought mine.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Rearranged my GOOD/Get Home bags and put some in the toolbox in the bed of my truck. (Non parishable items) I will have a bag with food/water in it when I go anywhere. Problem is - I won't be going anywhere in my truck for a while. It won't start. We think there is a short in it somewhere. (I've been having trouble starting it at times.) I think there might be a short in the ignition or its a bad ignition? Not sure.

Truck maintainence is the next prep issue.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    The wife decided to add to the good preps ordering a years worth of food for 4 people (making it about 2 years worth prepped) purchased two 55 gal water barrels and my 9 yr old bought his first riffle!

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Bought the wife a vacuum sealer for the freezer. Bought myself a ladder rack for the truck
    SoI can bring home the long pieces of steel I need to fix the windmill/aereator.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom