• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Here is what I have unloaded so far, still have to unload the bed of my F-250!

picture.php

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    So the bon-fire is at your place this fall, yes.....:rockwoot:

Heck ya! The pine tree isnt pictured because it's stack seperatly but I got alot of wood! I have to give props to my 9yr old boy who helped me the past two days load and unload all that wood! He told me it beat video games because it would make him strong like me. I'm a little confused about that because I am 5'10 at 160! By no means am I a burly man! Lol

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Heck ya! The pine tree isnt pictured because it's stack seperatly but I got alot of wood! I have to give props to my 9yr old boy who helped me the past two days load and unload all that wood! He told me it beat video games because it would make him strong like me. I'm a little confused about that because I am 5'10 at 160! By no means am I a burly man! Lol

You are to a 9 yr. old..........;)

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    I sent in my deposit for Mindset Lab's Intro to Force on Force class to be held on July 21. I've also picked out the Appleseed shoot that I want to attend this year. I figure that training is one of the best "preps" I can have.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Broke most of the time so most of what I do to prep is go to the gym, which I do all the time. Physical fitness is often overlooked when it comes to prepping.

Prepping can be a low cost endeavor if you take it in small bites.
    A can of chicken here a bar of soap there...hide it in the back of the closet so it don't get used up. A weeks worth of rations salted away might make a big difference...

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Got a line on a BOV. Some friends are visiting;he's layed off with a month of owed
    time coming to him. He mentioned fixing some things up and selling them in his spare time while he looks for work. Long story short I think I may end up with a Baha Bug !
    He has all the parts and time to assemble it and needs the cash...I want an old school
    ATV with no fancy electronics and have cash...one mans trash and all that.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Got 12 full size bottles of Head and Shoulders shampoo + conditioner for $.75 CENTS TOTAL! Also got 18 bars of Ivory soap for less than $1.50 Total. :rockwoot: The wife is out getting some food to add to the supplies right now also.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Soap, rice, beans, dried trail soups and mix's. More canned goods. Flats of water.
    More ammo. Finished my GHB and the med kits.

No canning from the garden this year as it is our first attempt in many years. We have been eating well from it.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Soap, rice, beans, dried trail soups and mix's. More canned goods. Flats of water.
    More ammo. Finished my GHB and the med kits.

No canning from the garden this year as it is our first attempt in many years. We have been eating well from it.
    I'm happy for you in your first year back gardening. I fired my garden this year. I'm focusing on a new gardening plan.....turning the whole patch to strawberries and going guerrilla in the nearby woods with local hearty strains. Then focus on foraging and gathering skills. There's plenty growing wild already and without the effort, emotion and disappointment.... which brings to mind an idea....I've seen farmers markets, how about a foragers/gatherers market?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm happy for you in your first year back gardening. I fired my garden this year. I'm focusing on a new gardening plan.....turning the whole patch to strawberries and going guerrilla in the nearby woods with local hearty strains. Then focus on foraging and gathering skills. There's plenty growing wild already and without the effort, emotion and disappointment.... which brings to mind an idea....I've seen farmers markets, how about a foragers/gatherers market?

We have been learning so much as in what "Not" to do again next year. Wife and daughter want some berries and more leaf veggy's. The sun has brutalized some of the beans and I know now to put them in the other plot next year where we can control the sun they get better.

If you do the wild man woods garden thing will you be able to control the bugs and other critters that will show up for dinner.

The market idea might be a good idea.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    We have been learning so much as in what "Not" to do again next year. Wife and daughter want some berries and more leaf veggy's. The sun has brutalized some of the beans and I know now to put them in the other plot next year where we can control the sun they get better.
    Might look into stopping into Harbor Freight and purchasing a Sun Shade...

Mesh Tarps - Harbor Freight Tools

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom