• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Just4Fun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Carmel
    Cleared out an area in the basement, moved a storage cabinet in, and filled it with food. Ran out of room in the large kitchen pantry. Watching sales and then buying large amounts. Also just purchased my supply of seed for the garden.

maperry2125

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    My girlfriend and I spent about two hours last night making homemade MREs. Made 15 of them all packed up and vacuum sealed. Also found some large Valentine candles on clearance at kroger for .79 that will work great in our emergency kit!

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Bought some more canned soups, green beans, Tang, Kool-aid, and other toiletry items. I would do some more stuff around here, but I'm sick and going back to bed.

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    My wife and I found a good old wringer washer at an antique place fairly cheap. The ringers are in bad shape but we're going to cover them with marine vinyl. The rest of it including the tubs are in great shape.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Bought another handgun -Taurus PT140 .40 S&W SS. It's much smaller than my other .40.

I also bought a "new to me" truck. (I totaled mine last month.) It is a '94 GMC Sierra extended cab w/split bench front seat & full back seat. Unfortunately, it is a long bed version. (My tauneau cover won't fit. :()
    But, I bought a truck bed tool box (used for $50.oo) from a friend of my son. It will be installed as soon as it's cleanded up and the weather warms up.

I will save some of the things from my totaled truck for replacement parts for the "new" truck, and "part out" the rest. (I have 3 requests for the engine so far.) We will replace the windshield on the "new" truck with the one from the "old" truck.

The "new" truck has enough power to tow my 21 foot camper.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    More fuel, food and a Butt load of ammo in 12 gauge, 45 ACP, .223, and .380
    Added 2 more hand guns to the cabinet and am working on acquiring a sweet rifle from the LGS.
    Ran all the gennys under a load today.

Edit...plus one rifle and rds. for it. Not the one I am drooling over at the LGS.

Edit..added BOL #3 to the list. Getting a good group of like minded people together.

Edit..looked into bulk rice and long term storage.

Last edited:

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    Gonna spend some time with a local blacksmith today. Hopefully learn a few things and get in some target practice.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Cleaned out the bucket that I got at a local bakery. (I let it dry out before cleaning and just "flake" the icing out. Much less mess that way.)

Yesterday, I bought 4 sets of keys for my new-to-me truck and tested them all out. They work, but the door locks are "stiff" so I'll use WD-40 on them today. I will also use 3in1 oil on the door hinges. (Have to slam the door to get it to close correctly.)

On Monday, my son will take the truck in to get a muffler - I'm not a kid and don't like the "noise". (Everyone else does - but they are all "kids" :rolleyes: - teens to 40ish.)
    (It did sound pretty cool when we "opened it up" on a lonely highway, tho. :D) It also needs an alignment - pulls to the right. Problem (for me) is that it has a long bed - can't use my tauneau cover. :( BUT my son has a friend who had a truck bed tool box (large & deep) which I bought for $50.oo and my son will install it as soon as it gets warm enough. (He has to cut part of the rails to fit it in.) I will clean it up while he is doing his thing.

The truck is a '94 GMC SIERRA extended cab - split bench front seat :rockwoot:, full bench seat rear, v8 and will pull my 21ft.camper. (I just wish it was a short bed.)

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Yesterday, I bought 4 sets of keys for my new-to-me truck and tested them all out. They work, but the door locks are "stiff" so I'll use WD-40 on them today. I will also use 3in1 oil on the door hinges. (Have to slam the door to get it to close correctly.)
    I suggest using PB Blaster or Liquid Wrench instead of the WD-40. The PB and Liquid Wrench are a penetrating oil/lubricant and will work better/last longer than the WD-40.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I suggest using PB Blaster or Liquid Wrench instead of the WD-40. The PB and Liquid Wrench are a penetrating oil/lubricant and will work better/last longer than the WD-40.

Thanks for the information. I will look for that. I have heard of Liquid Wrench, but not the PB Blaster.
    (Always open to suggestions. :))

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thanks for the information. I will look for that. I have heard of Liquid Wrench, but not the PB Blaster.
    (Always open to suggestions. :))
    CR is correct. WD-40 evaporates and leaves a film. It has no long lasting lubricating quality's. It is mainly a moisture dis-placer. PB is a good first attack method and once you get things running smoothly find a way to get a few drops of gun oil in the works. It is long term. JMHO and learned from doing exactly what you are attempting.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    CR is correct. WD-40 evaporates and leaves a film. It has no long lasting lubricating quality's. It is mainly a moisture dis-placer. PB is a good first attack method and once you get things running smoothly find a way to get a few drops of gun oil in the works. It is long term. JMHO and learned from doing exactly what you are attempting.

Thanks! I SO appreciate all the good information/suggestions I am getting. If I don't have to repeat something, it's got to be good! I'll stop after my grand-daughter's concert today and pick some up.

Thanks again!:rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Are you having alignment issues. Are the doors sagging on the hinges. Pull up on the latch end of the door. If you detect to much movement it is in the door hinges. The door is sagging and hitting on the striker.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I just checked the door and there wasn't any movement - except the whole truck. :D There is a lot of "gunk" on the latch part of the door, I will clean that up. (Or, have my son do it tomorrow before he takes it in for the muffler. :D)

Thank you.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I finally got around to running my generators today. They all ran as expected, and should serve me well when I need them. I have also been waiting on the GE Generator Interlock Kit to come back in stock on Home Depot's web page, and it finally did. I'm hoping it shows up sometime this week so I can get the hook-up wiring done next weekend.

I also changed the oil in the truck, took care of some documentation/record keeping, cycled threw some of my stored fuel, and put away everything I bought the other day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom