• Status
    Not open for further replies.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I've been doing a lot of reading about the medical benefits of drinking some Apple Cider Vineger and tonight I finally got with it and tried a glass. Wow, it's.......different, but if it makes me start .feeling healthier in any fashion I'll give it a try.

I've been drinking it for about a year now, just be careful and mix it properly ( 1 tsp. to 8 oz. of purified water) We have an R.O. system at our house.
    Also you should not just go to Kroger and buy it off of the shelf. You need to be drinking the Braggs brand that is organic and contains "The Mother", it can be found at health food stores, and for other benefits and better taste, I mix a teaspoon of raw organic honey with mine. You can google the benefits of raw honey, like ACV it has many. ACV is one of the health secrets people rarely talk about. I got started on it, after researching natural ways to treat GERD.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I've been drinking it for about a year now, just be careful and mix it properly ( 1 tsp. to 8 oz. of purified water) We have an R.O. system at our house.
    Also you should not just go to Kroger and buy it off of the shelf. You need to be drinking the Braggs brand that is organic and contains "The Mother", it can be found at health food stores, and for other benefits and better taste, I mix a teaspoon of raw organic honey with mine. You can google the benefits of raw honey, like ACV it has many. ACV is one of the health secrets people rarely talk about. I got started on it, after researching natural ways to treat GERD.
    Raw honey is great for allergies, but it needs to come from less than a few miles away or you won't be getting the "local" pollens. Oh, and I don't mean from a STORE a few miles away, but a bee keeper.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sp, you mix 1 oz. of Apple Cider vinegar to 8 oz. of good water with a shot of natural honey. I have heard there are benefits from this health wise. Are they true???

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

Since you started drining it have you noticed any changes?

The brand I have is the Braggs with the mother in it. I'm going to stop by the local organic store to get some local organic honey. I don't know how "local" it's going to be, but I'm sure it's closer than what I bought from Meijers.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    OK, dummy here, what is "The Mother"
    I am considering this in my diet and need to know.

"The Mother" is the natural enzyme of the ACV, it is what is giving you all the benefits of drinking ACV. I live on the Southside of Indy, there is a health food store called Natures Pharm, I think they have locations all around Indy. You can find it there, it is $2.79 for the small bottle.
    Someone told me they found it at Meijier, but I have not looked for it there. I am talking about the Braggs brand.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A

The brand I have is the Braggs with the mother in it. I'm going to stop by the local organic store to get some local organic honey. I don't know how "local" it's going to be, but I'm sure it's closer than what I bought from Meijers.

More energy and weight loss, and just a better overall feeling.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    "The Mother" is the natural enzyme of the ACV, it is what is giving you all the benefits of drinking ACV. I live on the Southside of Indy, there is a health food store called Natures Pharm, I think they have locations all around Indy. You can find it there, it is $2.79 for the small bottle.
    Someone told me they found it at Meijier, but I have not looked for it there. I am talking about the Braggs brand.

Perfect, thanks.
    I am told it will help my joint pain a bit. Do not like the drugs, looking for something natural.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Perfect, thanks.
    I am told it will help my joint pain a bit. Do not like the drugs, looking for something natural.

Yes this is true. But the trick is, you are supposed to drink the mixture 3 times a day. Some days I do and some days I don't. It did help with my GERD, I also made other life style changes as well, like regular exercise and a better diet.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Perfect, thanks.

Cherry extract is about the best thing for this right now but it's very expensive. You can buy frozen cherries and blueberries (which can also help) and try making them in a smoothie or shake using your blender. How do I know this works? My dad has debilitating rheumatoid arthritis and I've been seeing his treatment for the past 10 years including steroids and otherwise and cherry extract has shown the most improvement.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Cherry extract is about the best thing for this right now but it's very expensive. You can buy frozen cherries and blueberries (which can also help) and try making them in a smoothie or shake using your blender. How do I know this works? My dad has debilitating rheumatoid arthritis and I've been seeing his treatment for the past 10 years including steroids and otherwise and cherry extract has shown the most improvement.

I have long term side effects from Chemo and radiation treatments that basically
    hardened the shock absorption ability in my joints. Just like advanced arthritis.
    Constant pain from about noon on everyday. I will try these remedy's and thanks for all the info.
    I really hate the steroids.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Don't take my word for it helping because I am not a medical professional and have had no professional training. I have done a lot of reading on my of both scholarly and unscholarly sources. I don't want anyone to get messed up because they took my advice on something. It's just something I deemed worth the risk for myself and have entered into slowly.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville

Seriously, save your money and find a local bee keeper. If the honey isn't made from the same pollens in the same ratios that you experience daily it will have little to no effect at all (except increased sex drive). This thread is fantastic though, it shows me how our diets are actually causing many of our problems and if we just ate the foods people used to eat we would likely live much happier lives...that's progress for ya!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    ALong the lines of what I did to prep this week. I just dropped the asking price of my house so that I can get started building in the country. I feel really good about it now and I'm going to be that much closer to planting an orchard or two and having a big boy garden instead of my 5' x 10' fisher price garden that we've got now.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I took the opportunity given by the nice weather to do some yard work and pull out some brush. I already had a pile going from a tree I cut down over the summer and decided I would also burn that. I figured this wouldn't be a bad time to work on my fire starting skills and see if I could get it lit that way. My intent was to start a small fire, and then transfer that over to the larger pile. It didn't go as I had planned.

I had no problems getting the tender started with my fire steel, but couldn't seem to actually build that into a fire. After about an hour of trying to get this started, I admitted defeat and started the brush pile the old fashioned way...

It looks like I need to work on my fire starting skills.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I took the opportunity given by the nice weather to do some yard work and pull out some brush. I already had a pile going from a tree I cut down over the summer and decided I would also burn that. I figured this wouldn't be a bad time to work on my fire starting skills and see if I could get it lit that way. My intent was to start a small fire, and then transfer that over to the larger pile. It didn't go as I had planned.

I had no problems getting the tender started with my fire steel, but couldn't seem to actually build that into a fire. After about an hour of trying to get this started, I admitted defeat and started the brush pile the old fashioned way...

It looks like I need to work on my fire starting skills.

Was you tinder dry or were you fighting wood not yet seasoned. The technique is different.

As to my own preps, not sure if this counts but I added to the 1911 collection. I know we can only use 2 at any 1 time but as to the content of another thread, I can arm the entire neighborhood now. Well not really but close.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Was you tinder dry or were you fighting wood not yet seasoned. The technique is different.

As to my own preps, not sure if this counts but I added to the 1911 collection. I know we can only use 2 at any 1 time but as to the content of another thread, I can arm the entire neighborhood now. Well not really but close.
    I was using the dryer lint from my bag and cotton balls (not soaked in Vaseline). I also tried using pine needles. I had no issues getting this stuff lit, the problem was getting the twigs and other small items to catch and take off.

I'm going to soak some cotton balls and see if that gives me the longer burn time I need to get the rest of the tinder/kindling lit.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was using the dryer lint from my bag and cotton balls (not soaked in Vaseline). I also tried using pine needles. I had no issues getting this stuff lit, the problem was getting the twigs and other small items to catch and take off.

I'm going to soak some cotton balls and see if that gives me the longer burn time I need to get the rest of the tinder/kindling lit.

I have an item you may be interested in. I got them off line. The military use these for heat and they are not unlike Sterno but in a packet about the size of a jelly pack in a restaurant. The burn intensely for a good while and I have started fires with them. I have a "Butt" load of these.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom