• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Started to purchase 12 volt goodies for the new storm shelter.
    Fans and cig. lighter adapters.
    Need to do more research on lighting.
    I got the base about half way leveled using large pavers and topsoil.
    Look at truck stops for 12v goodies. There are vacuums, roasters, skillets, lighting, refrigerators, tvs, dvd players, etc....quite possibly the best/cheapest place for 12v leds.....

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Canned my first round of green beans. 56 quarts. Tried something new this year with the beens and planted a couple rows of runners. There coming on later than the bush beans. not sure how they'll produce,they look healthy.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    We went to some of my wife's families auction.

We bought a Presto Pressure canner and about 50 or so quart and pint jars for $28 at an auction. We also bought a push type planter for the garden and a 20x18 garage I have to start taking down to be moved to my place (we are out of room in the attached garage and wifey wants it back)

We also bought some cast iron cookware, coleman lanterns, made in the USA Zebco reels (5) three tackle boxes, some SKS parts, a hi-lift jack, furnace and air conditioner and some other stuff.

And the deal of the day was bought by our daughter she bid on and won a whole box of Barbies for $6, she could have got it for $2 but some douche was bidding against my 6 year old. She had fun bidding and I am sure she would like to go to more auctions.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Dialed back the miles this week. I'll put in about 12 total between running and rucking. Hit the weights, ran one Bootcamp.

2 Fight Nites- heavy bag, drills, light sparring to moderate sparring. Got my bell rung once, but fought through it.

1 dry fire session. G19 and bolt gun.

Took my 10 year old daughter off trail camping in the dunes along Lake Michigan. Watched her start a fire w/ steel and flint like she was using a zippo. Proud papa.

Got a little range time in with her as well. Ruger MkII and AR15 w/ .22 conversion.

Packed my gear for Tactical Response's Alumni Weekend, prepared 2 course outlines (I'm teaching 2 blocks).

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Put together (FINALLY) two "book shelves" that had been sitting in my "sitting room" upstairs for several years. (Still in the box of course.)

Did a little more re-arranging in order to accomadate them. It looks SO much neater up there so far.

Went "swimming" in our pool with my grand-daughter who is celebrating her 12th birthday today. (Taught her how to go - and stay underwater for a short time.)

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    Repotted my urban garden. Moved the 3 gallon tomato plants up to 5 gallon buckets. Then transplanted my pepper plants in the the 3 gallon buckets. Back filled a low spot by the patio and deck to make a raised garden! Put gutters on the garage just need to find some rain barrels!

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Bought a stainless water bottle that fits under the front seat. I can carry water and boil
    water in it, unlike plastic. Cost 2$ at dollar general. Am presently testing a 5hr-energy
    bottle to carry bleach....

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Am presently testing a 5hr-energy
    bottle to carry bleach....

I had considered that as well. Instead I am filling one with Calcium Hypochlorite crystals. This way it won't have the potential of leaking and I can make my own bleach that won't have a shelf life.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Replaced the MRE's in my GHB that I've eaten. Reloaded 200 rounds of my match 308 recipe and another 200 rounds of 10mm. I haven't reloaded since April and was getting behind. Now I've at least got some of my working ammo supply back up. I was getting down only have my stashed ammo left for my 308.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Added some canned food and 20lbs of rice to the cabinets. Talked with the wife about some upcoming financial planning, long term plans for providing for our son (education both traditional and stuff to learn with me).

We decided part of his chores once he's old enough (depending on when we buy some land and move) is going to be helping me maintain the house we live in now as a rental property. As he gets older he'll be responsible for everything from mowing & trimming to drywall patching, painting, light electrical and plumbing repairs as well as helping keep the books.

The plan is for him to be practiced and experienced as a landlord when he graduates college and we'll give him the property to either live in while he saves to buy a rental property or he can use it as a rental property to fund wherever he feels like living.

I guess this ties into S&D planning because our talk was geared towards me asking my wife to make sure if anything happened to me, that she would make sure he learns these things and that this is how it should go. Hopefully I get to show him these things myself!

We also talked about starting a trust, mostly for firearms/class 3 but we're weighing the pros and cons of putting all of our assets into the trust with the three of us on it.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Re-arranging my truck emergency (GHB). I have extra so that I can choose what I might need if I have to "hoof" it home. (I also have a GHB with fewer supplies in case I have to "RUN NOW!" and leave most of the stuff behind.) If time/circumstances permit, I can haul EVERYTHING home on my game cart. (Approximately 6 1/2 miles from work.)

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    kroger had 3liter bottles of ice mountain water for .49 cents(when you purchase in quantities of ten) so i got me 60 liters of bottled water stored in the basement for a little under $11.. getsome

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom