• Status
    Not open for further replies.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    What happens if you're not at work, and trying to get home from another location?

That's part of the reason for the stainless container for boiling and the nesting cup. I'm going to add a lifestraw I'd just forgotten to this point.

armedhoosier451

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greensburg
    Picked up a couple more 5 gal gas cans and filled everything up with some Stabil, added water, handloaded probably ten boxes of ammo, cast about another 500 bullets, and started researching kerosene heaters.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Recycled more gas from the stores. At $1.81 per this is a good time to do this. I need more stabil
    Some had been stored in excess of a year and it runs fine.

I need to cycle the gennies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Be sure to take advantage of the low fuel prices and get some ethanol free fuel for cheap. It keeps years longer than 10% ethanol fuel. Pri-G is the best preservative on the market.

Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada
    List of pure gas stations

Proper fuel cans that will last.
    set of four Jerry cans / Nato jerry cans | Special Operations Equipment

We have the heavy 5 gallon plastic containers used by race teams. They have positive seals. Also easy to store and use. There are 2 drums as well.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So how does one consistently obtain ethanol-free gasoline in Indiana? There is no requirement to label the pumps even though some do. Yes, it's not hard to test a given sample with water or a kit, but there's no guarantee that what you bought this week at Station XYZ is the same stuff available for sale next week or even tomorrow.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    So how does one consistently obtain ethanol-free gasoline in Indiana? There is no requirement to label the pumps even though some do. Yes, it's not hard to test a given sample with water or a kit, but there's no guarantee that what you bought this week at Station XYZ is the same stuff available for sale next week or even tomorrow.

http://pure-gas.org/

I use the Country Mark station in Greenfield, it is marked on the pump and it smells different than the ethanol contaminated fuel.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have a couple of those from my racing days. I don't use them for long term due to their copious headspace.

We ran 2 cars every weekend for several years. 5 jugs in each trailer plus good solid drums.
    I made the storage space to fit the jugs. There are 20 now and the drums. We cycle through it to keep fresh in rotation.

armedhoosier451

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greensburg
    This week I picked up a 23,000 BTU kerosene heater, filled up two five gallon cans of KERO, CO detector, couple cases of water, added some canned food to the pantry, also picked up some silver bars! Ready for winter here!

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    We ran 2 cars every weekend for several years. 5 jugs in each trailer plus good solid drums.
    I made the storage space to fit the jugs. There are 20 now and the drums. We cycle through it to keep fresh in rotation.

I've been buying jerry cans, but I'm always on the lookout for 30 gal drums.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've been buying jerry cans, but I'm always on the lookout for 30 gal drums.

I got away from the Jerry cans. Not sure why it just happened. Except for a bit more weight they are easier to use than the race "Jug's"
    I think being able to "See" how much was in the jug was a plus.

I pulled out and re-organized the water. Made a lot more room. Gotta get more water now. This is the one thing that worry,s me the most in trying to have ample.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Getting out this morning to top off my kerosene and gasoline supply in advance of the ice storm.

If it was just my wife and I, we'd be fine with what we have, but we have to make sure her parents and my mom are set up as well.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Now that we're settled in the new place, bought a whole cow for the freezers, an 8,000 W genny (insurance on the beef and to run the well, which is already wired for it) and 23+ gallons of gas (as a start).

Hope to have more to post more regularly now that we're in a "permanent" home.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Upped the combat conditioning, weights, running, swimming, and a ruck march. Adding about 10-25% more capacity in intensity, weight or reps.

Sparred, rolled did drills at the dojo.

Conducted a room clearing/CQB training session with the crew. 9 people. An old downtown building basement full of poorly lit rooms. Lots of lessons.

Bought some MRE components

Cut and stacked some more firewood.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Hosted a night vision demo. Borrowed a PVS-14, PVS-7, and used my own Gen1 unit along with an IR laser. Couple guys showed up and we all learned a lot.

Wife and I started a diet and we have started going to the "Y". Cliche for the new year, but it's working for us.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom