• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Got my log splitter for the tractor all hooked up and split about 1/4 of the wood left to split in about an hour. Yes Church I am finally getting around to finishing all that wood! Reloaded another 100 rds of 9 mm, started getting powder, primers and all for some .223 and .308 reloads. More wood splitting tomorrow!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Daily this week....

10 minutes of magazine manipulations with the AR.
    10 minutes of magazine manipulations with sidearm.
    10 minutes of dime drill dry fire with bolt gun.

100 pushups.
    100 situps.
    2.25 miles walk or run with any additional 35 pounds of weight.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Made a big bullet order at Midway. I'm down to 800 rounds of 45 in the training bin. Ordered a new sleeping bag and a lighter weight water filter.

Now to find the time to push some brass.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Busy weekend for me. Need to put up at least a chord of wood, clear the gutters, fix soffit, plastic on the windows, new seals on the doors, prep the BOBs for winter, get winter gear in the cars, then maybe if there's time work on my new stove. Not bad under normal conditions but mom works this weekend and the 5 and 8 year old girls sometimes need my attention:)...always gotta watch that 5yo, never know when she'll disarm me!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Unfortunately I have gotten into prepping a little too late, but better late than never. Today I went and got a frame for my alice pack along with a new kidney strap for it. On top of that, I made some Vaseline infused cotton balls for starting fires. I re-rolled some duck tape on some old pen tubes and put them on some 550 cord lanyards. I went to Indy Self Defense and got two Maintstay 3600 calorie packs, one for my bag and one for the other half's bag. Overall I think it was a good prepping day. Looking forward to finishing up my two bags soon and starting to store away other necessities in the near future.

It is never too late. Do what you can with what you have. Better your situation as you go.

Even if it all goes to hell in the morning you have something. Start learning what you can as well. Knowledge is power and all that.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Daily this week....

10 minutes of magazine manipulations with the AR.
    10 minutes of magazine manipulations with sidearm.
    10 minutes of dime drill dry fire with bolt gun.

100 pushups.
    100 situps.
    2.25 miles walk or run with any additional 35 pounds of weight.

Damn, wish I could run 100 yards by choice these days. Now, put a pi$$ed off Rottweiler on me and I could but the price would be high.

Son and I have been doing Mag drills with the 1911's and the AR's. Muscle memory.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got my log splitter for the tractor all hooked up and split about 1/4 of the wood left to split in about an hour. Yes Church I am finally getting around to finishing all that wood! Reloaded another 100 rds of 9 mm, started getting powder, primers and all for some .223 and .308 reloads. More wood splitting tomorrow!

Was out by your place the other day. Picking up my AR barrel from Allen M down the road from you. Dropped of the 10/22 barrel and picking it up today. I will blow the horn when we roll by.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Bought a 7.62 X 54R ammo can, 555 rounds of .22 LR, 100 rounds of .38, and some items for my Get-Home bag (flashlight, Glow-sticks). I also bought a very large bottle of Jack Daniels Whiskey. I don't drink, but the price of gold is cost prohibitive for me. Going to start stocking up on alcohol for bartering purposes. I had two thoughts when I went into the liquor store: 1) If the crap hits the fan people are going to ransack this place and steal all of the stock on day one; and 2) As I am Pentacostal, I sure hope my pastor doesn't see me going into this liquor store. LOL!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Bought a 7.62 X 54R ammo can, 555 rounds of .22 LR, 100 rounds of .38, and some items for my Get-Home bag (flashlight, Glow-sticks). I also bought a very large bottle of Jack Daniels Whiskey. I don't drink, but the price of gold is cost prohibitive for me. Going to start stocking up on alcohol for bartering purposes. I had two thoughts when I went into the liquor store: 1) If the crap hits the fan people are going to ransack this place and steal all of the stock on day one; and 2) As I am Pentacostal, I sure hope my pastor doesn't see me going into this liquor store. LOL!

Depending on the alcohol content it could be medicinal as well. I store vodka, whiskey and tequila in my stores for barter or emergency Molotov's.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Depending on the alcohol content it could be medicinal as well. I store vodka, whiskey and tequila in my stores for barter or emergency Molotov's.
    I don't drink but maybe 8-12 beers per year and almost never liquor but I keep a bottle or two of each spirit and a unopened bottle of everclear in each vehicle and in each BOB. There are soooo many uses for 190 grain alcohol, even water it down to 51% and still make it burn.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Did a community service project with the scouts this weekend. Got to use my first aid skills fixing up a chansaw injury.

On myself..... grrr

Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    Did a community service project with the scouts this weekend. Got to use my first aid skills fixing up a chansaw injury.

On myself..... grrr

Don't you know chainsaws kill people. Lol ;)

Hope the injury wasn't to bad but from experience I know that's usually not the case.

Split about a cord of oak so far today, trying to decide if I am going to keep at it or chill for rest of the day. In all so far I have split about 6 cords and have probobly another 2 left by my eatamate.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Don't you know chainsaws kill people. Lol ;)

Hope the injury wasn't to bad but from experience I know that's usually not the case.

Split about a cord of oak so far today, trying to decide if I am going to keep at it or chill for rest of the day. In all so far I have split about 6 cords and have probobly another 2 left by my eatamate.

End of the day and I was tired and not making good choices. I split a little wood while I was there. They made the logs too long so it was pretty tough to do. Had to use the sledge to finish most of them. I'm too old and broken up for splitting firewood, so it seems.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I took Wetsu's wilderness class to help me figure out where I stood on some things. One thing that I will say for sure is that fire starting is not easy at all without something to get it going. I tried to do the class with nothing that I normally don't have on me but had to resort to dryer lint to get my fire started. However, we did learn an easy way to gather dryer lint from your jeans that I didn't even think about.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    I took Wetsu's wilderness class to help me figure out where I stood on some things. One thing that I will say for sure is that fire starting is not easy at all without something to get it going. I tried to do the class with nothing that I normally don't have on me but had to resort to dryer lint to get my fire started. However, we did learn an easy way to gather dryer lint from your jeans that I didn't even think about.
    Scrape a blade back and forth across the surface?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom