• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Definitely is an alternate reality. Being as it's the CFR house organ you have to read between the lines and perform your own analysis for intents. If it appears in that magazine then it's intended to send a message even though they just never do get outright obvious, not any more than a Fed chairman does.
    :thumbsup:

Exactly. It doesn't work to manipulate people if you tell them how you are trying to manipulate them!

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Why? I made it clear I was not adversely affected.

When I read other threads here there is a common theme that I just want the government to leave me alone and let me handle my own life. I am taking and do hold the same attitude and you want me to be something else.

If I knew someone who was going to work on the Keystone maybe I would ask but I don't.

Your perception of adverse affects to me don't line up with mine. And to me, mine are all that matter.

Besides I doubt the job market is a zero sum game. Especially if behemoth infrastructure bill passes.

If it does will you list that as a Biden accomplishment because it employs lots of people or will you say it made your taxes go up which to me would be an adverse affect.
    Where do you think the money is coming from to pay for all the extra spending, and what is that doing to the value of a dollar.
    You are being directly affected by what's happening with this administration.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I am surprised it didn't cross his mind that he is going to pay for it at the pump.
    I believe is the rhetoric.

An adverse affect means just that. I haven't been adversely affected.

First the price will have to shoot up for me to be adversely affected.

Second, there should be evidence that the lack of a Keystone pipeline caused the increase, not a hurricane, not a massive power outage...etc.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Where do you think the money is coming from to pay all the extra spending, and what is that doing to the value of a dollar.
    You are being directly affected by what's happening with this administration.
    That may be true and I am getting the sense that people are defining adverse affect differently.

To me it has to be something that makes me change my life or lifestyle in a manner I don't like.

Keystone isn't having that affect.

Now Ammo prices are adversely affecting me.
    The fact that I have to pay a hybrid tax on vehicles now adversely affects me.

Now when it comes to spending, I was complaining about that when Trump took office I couldn't believe the amount of debt the Republicans started running up, and that was before Covid. It was one of the main reasons I got fed up with Trump and the Republicans in the first 2 years of Trumps term.

Had nothing to do with tweets and Orange Man Bad, it had to do with spending

Yet, it didn't matter to a lot of other people.

Now it's Biden's turn. Do I like it? No, but just like under Trump I haven't been adversely affected by it yet...

I do expect to be though.

Last edited:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    My day to day life has not been affected by the Keystone Pipeline.
    I beg to differ, you just don't realize it yet.

To start almost a million barrels of oil a day is gone because of the Keystone pipeline closure.

It will create a trickle down effect (which has already started) that will increase price throughout with higher gas and diesel costs along with anything that requires petroleum to either transport or manufacture. Those price increases have not reached the final product stage yet.

You see, anyone who says this will/does not affect them is living a lie. Even if it is a meager 10 cents a day, you're out $36.50 at the end of the year. I can guarantee it's going to be more than that on a daily and yearly basis.

Pennies add up over time young Padawan, you have much to learn. Hoping that you'll learn sooner rather than latter.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I believe is the rhetoric.

An adverse affect means just that. I haven't been adversely affected.

First the price will have to shoot up for me to be adversely affected.

Second, there should be evidence that the lack of a Keystone pipeline caused the increase, not a hurricane, not a massive power outage...etc.
    You apparently missed my point. It doesnt require a sudden spike. If the product is more expensive to move it is more expensive to the end user. Plain and simple.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Wow, I didn't realize the three of us got lumped together.

It's pre-coffee, but I'm having a hard time thinking of something that I'd call "right". I guess does vaccine roll outs count? But all that was started under Trump, so I don't know if Biden can or should get any credit for keeping the ball rolling.

EDIT: Holy jeebers this thread is 33 pages and I haven't seen it before now! :drama:
    I think a lot of people associate you with the 'usual suspects' list, he forgot campingjosh though.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I beg to differ, you just don't realize it yet.

To start almost a million barrels of oil a day is gone because of the Keystone pipeline closure.

It will create a trickle down effect (which has already started) that will increase price throughout with higher gas and diesel costs along with anything that requires petroleum to either transport or manufacture. Those price increases have not reached the final product stage yet.

You see, anyone who says this will/does not affect them is living a lie. Even if it is a meager 10 cents a day, you're out $36.50 at the end of the year. I can guarantee it's going to be more than that on a daily and yearly basis.

Pennies add up over time young Padawan, you have much to learn. Hoping that you'll learn sooner rather than latter.
    I stated my definition of an adverse affect. That isn't the same as an negative economic affect.

Paying 36.50 a year more may mean I eat out less so it affects me, but I don't really notice.

Like I said Ammo does...gas prices, not so much.

Why?

Well because in 2008ish it got up to what? $4?

Now I am glad when it stays below $3.

Over time an adverse affect can cease to be adverse. I just get used to it. Inflation....gas even.

I got upset it went over a $1, then I got used to it....then $2...now it's $3.

Top Bottom