• jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    These are the facts of the case:

Most people hold and have held very strong opinions on Trump.

These are opinions:

I think if you looked at a bell curve and smashed the middle down to the horizontal line and kept the Riemann's sum equally distributed to both ends, that represents a polarizing president. Say Trump haters on the left Trump Supporters on the right and no middle ground. It's scorched earth.

A less polarizing president would lift the middle from the horizontal line some leaving more room for middle ground.

Now, I think all those who supported Trump are still maintaining their portion of the bell curve, but the portion of the curve that hated Trump now doesn't have Trump to hate anymore as a president, so it shifted. They still hate him of course but the new bell curve applies to Biden and his supporters. So the strong hate of Trump become more mediocre supporters of Biden and he isn't very popular with anyone, even the democrats as a group aren't strong supporters of Biden so The left of the curve deflates and the middle ground takes up the slack.

Fact: The members of the press, individual journalists, did slant strongly anti Trump. Opinion pieces are NOT news articles.

Opinion: This slant wasn't a grand overarching Byzantine scheme. But journalists are human beings under the bell curve too. They also aren't ardent Biden supporters en bloc. I think the press was seen as more anti Trump than it really is because people reading articles on the internet confuse opinion pieces with attempts at factual reporting. Factual reporting pisses me off all the time because it should be just facts but their word choice still betrays bias, although to a lesser degree than opinion pieces.

Why do I think this?

Studies have shown that both parties feel the press is antagonistic to their own party when they are in the majority. Now all the bias will be seen by democrats as against their party because they have the house, the senate, and the presidency.

Prediction:

I think the press will also critique Biden because that is their job and we will see it.
    I think you will again see the press viewed by the Democrats as overly antagonistic.
    You will see Republicans and Trump Supporters initially surprised that it occurs.....see above.
    Fact: the press portrayed Trump as more polarizing than he actually was. If they reported on him the same way they've reported on Biden thus far, people would not have viewed him nearly as polarizing as they did. That doesn't mean he wasn't polarizing on his own. He was. And that doesn't mean some of that polarization wasn't due to bat **** crazy Democrats and how far from the center they moved as well.

Many of the journalists don't just lean left, they're far left. And their reporting was far left as well. They were hired by media outlets to report far left because that **** sells. The industry itself is dying. Institutional journalism is dying because social media makes it obsolete. News is much more direct now. So as the industry dies the need to sell clicks and views becomes more important than reporting straight news. So they report some news and some complete fabrications of news to drive clicks and views. The ****** journalists got their jobs because media wanted them to write edgy stuff that makes them money.

Now that DJT is no longer headline worthy, they're doing everything they can to keep him relevant enough to be able write **** about him and cash in as long as they can. So it's not quite the model you've laid out here. I think there is some truth to the model you've laid out. But things as complicated as what drives societal behavior isn't just one thing. You didn't account for what really drove the TDS news stories. Yes. They are human beings under the bell curve too. But editors also hired people who would drive outrage clicks and views, because they're dying and they know it.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    This article, puts it much better than I can....
    Interesting that it comes from the American Thinker
    Two words that appear to be missing from some posters ability to understand.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This article, puts it much better than I can....
    Interesting that it comes from the American Thinker
    Two words that appear to be missing from some posters ability to understand.
    Denial is a serious disorder. It keeps many of us locked in a never ending loop of idiocy and bad choices.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Read somewhere that he transferred four bombers to be based in Scandinavia to threaten the Rooskies with. Surely there are some here that would consider that a good thing.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Let's see..... Oblama gave us ISIS, BLM, and ANTIFA.....started the gun scare.

Shotgun loving Biden has killed over 100,000 jobs tied to the Keystone pipeline. Stopped construction on the wall between us and Mexico. The way gasoline prices are starting to climb,
    gas should be $4 a gallon by summer!!!

Top Bottom