• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • caseyc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Ya thats how i feel when i go to a show, i just turned 24 in january. Im game for shooting on weekends work permiting. none of my friends are into shooting either and think its stupid i carry a firearm

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I am 28 and have always loved shooting even though it wasnt until last year that I got my first gun. Now I have overgrown my 8 gun safe. It did help living in a small town and the first thing a lot of my high school friends did when they turned 18 was buy a gun. It was different though in college when a lot of the people I knew shied away from guns because they had only ever seen them on tv.

copper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Shelby County
    Both of my sons (19 & 24) are big into guns and have been around guns all their lives.
    They both have a better gun collection than me. However I can still out shoot them! but not by much.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I am 23 and have noticed that my generation is not into firearms. Not one of my friends shoot or have any interest at all.

most people I see at shows and local shops are 30+ and I am the youngest by far all the times. I was just wondering if there are any young shooters like myself on here. Second, would any of you want to get together on weekends every now and then and go shooting.

P.S. It's sad to see that my generation has such a strong opposition to firearms. its seems that the libs have gotten to them, and have painted an image that firearms are a terrible thing.

The idea of being outdoors, hunting, fishing, and more enjoyable things have been replaced by technology and trying to live life like a rap/rock star... We are losing our generations; they are turning from men of their word to men who think 20% family and 80% with the boys is OK. Most seem a little limp wrist-ed if you ask me...

norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I Joined the young guns group.
    I think I may be one of the youngest people on the forum, I tell people my age that I go shooting regularly and Carry a handgun, and they look at me like I'm freaking nuts, and say that its very illegal for me to do that. People my age don't understand guns, or their laws, because they were raised that all guns are is bad. Its kinda sad how society views firearms now. I shot my first gun around 10 or so years ago, and yet I meet people all the time that have never even held one.
    I'm 19

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    My first year at IUPUI, in 2006, I meet this girl and eventually she took me home. She told me to bring my guns because her dad would want to go shooting with me. We shot about 200 clays a piece the first day I ever met him! Since then he loves when I come home to shoot with him on the farm. The rest of the family comes to its fun, for us rednecks! I guess it showed him that since I was responsible enough to own a gun, I could date his daughter:dunno:

I introduced one of my roommates to guns, and he is hooked and even owns one. I am getting ready to leave for the reserves, so even more guns! I am also a physical education major, so hopefully I can get my students involved too! I can see it now...Physical Education Teacher Creates SAFEST Gymnasium EVER!

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I am 23 and have noticed that my generation is not into firearms. Not one of my friends shoot or have any interest at all.

Hillary Clinton and Tippor Gore happened. These two, along with the liberal movement, attacked all things manly.

Good-bye GI Joe, Transformers, and uneditted Looney Toons and Hello Barney and Tele Tubbies.

Good-bye fighting and Hello hugs.

Good-bye paddling and Hello Ritalin.

Good-bye guns and Hello open gay love.

That's what happened to your generation. Masculinity became a crime.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    My first year at IUPUI, in 2006, I meet this girl and eventually she took me home. She told me to bring my guns because her dad would want to go shooting with me. We shot about 200 clays a piece the first day I ever met him! Since then he loves when I come home to shoot with him on the farm. The rest of the family comes to its fun, for us rednecks! I guess it showed him that since I was responsible enough to own a gun, I could date his daughter:dunno:

I introduced one of my roommates to guns, and he is hooked and even owns one. I am getting ready to leave for the reserves, so even more guns! I am also a physical education major, so hopefully I can get my students involved too! I can see it now...Physical Education Teacher Creates SAFEST Gymnasium EVER!

AND, you have the chance to instill some good ol' manliness in the boys too! (put down the XBOX controller and GET OUTSIDE) :draw::patriot:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I am also a physical education major, so hopefully I can get my students involved too! I can see it now...Physical Education Teacher Creates SAFEST Gymnasium EVER!
    My PE teacher, 30+ years ago, was an awesome man. Viet Nam Vet, Marine DI, this guy could do 300 push-ups and not even break a sweat, and I remember him talking about rabbit hunting and guns too. He had a positive influence on just about everybody I know who had him as a teacher, truly amazing guy. You have an incredible opportunity in front of you, use it wisely!:patriot:

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    21 here buddy I go shootin every once in a while and live near you if you wanna go sometime just pm me. I love guns dont have a big budget so I bought a .22 and its a ton of fun! I think that most of the people our age just have a lot of other options for entertainment as opposed to other generations. My parents are rednecks so ofcourse I like guns. :)

Bigkeger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    26 here. I've been an avid shooter since I was in my late teens. As an Electrical Engineer who works in out in the field, hardly anyone I work with, younger or older, talks about guns.

Being 26 I can say this, most my generation and younger are retarded. I am one of the few people from my generation who can actually talk to other people without the use of text messaging. Young people nowadays cant communicate.

The use of text, email, chat, forums, etc. (Which I use everyday are robbing young people of their communications skills.

Now, if they cant communicate, when are they ever going to learn to use a gun?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

most people I see at shows and local shops are 30+ and I am the youngest by far all the times. I was just wondering if there are any young shooters like myself on here. Second, would any of you want to get together on weekends every now and then and go shooting.

P.S. It's sad to see that my generation has such a strong opposition to firearms. its seems that the libs have gotten to them, and have painted an image that firearms are a terrible thing.

When it warms up I would be willing to shoot with you. I'm a little older 31. My Dad got me into shooting when I was 18-19. Every since then it's time we spend together.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I think it is our responsibility to train our kids and younger relatives. In this day and age of the liberal media and politicians all they hear is how evil gun are.

I agree! I dont have any kids BUT my younger brothers seem to have the gun bug, and I will be there to show them and educate them. So there are my 2 for this year. I also have a few others who have never shot and want to real bad, hell one of them is quite liberal and Im crackin her!!! My goal is to introduce at least 5 this year.

Top Bottom