What happened to all the new threads!!!!!!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    You can say I was crappy for coming to post, I did try to get 50 posts to use the classified I admit it wasn't a good idea. I apologize for any and all issues I caused, but I had no intent on causing harm. I actually liked a lot of the threads I read and I tried to create some conversation. I understand you all greatly dislike me and I won't continue to post here if the community disapproves. I do have a decent knowledge of guns, specifically 1911 gunsmithing, and I have an interest in learning more about other models. I do want to get a glock 26 and I'm not shady. I have my LTHC. I understand why it seemed offensive, but I outright said I needed 50 posts and many members were talking with me to try to help out. Either way, you sirs should have a good night, sorry again.
    No biggie, you certainly haven't been the worst offender we've seen. Hope you stick around for more than the classifieds. :welcome: to :ingo:

Seems hypocritical. I thought the idea of the site was knowledge, not insults.

My advice, let it go...

You ****ed up a little, and you took some razzing for it. We've all taken our share at one time or another. Put on some thicker skin and stick around for a while. INGO is mostly good people.

zzephaniah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    NWI
    Me too, I'm feeling a deep heavy weirdness, and unwelcome. I'll stay on, so someone can please tell me what I did wrong. You can PM me, but I'll stay off your threads and won't start anymore.
    Being new isn't exactly a banable offence. I was informed I needed 50 post, I set out to get that and was upfront about my intentions. I tried to make a thread so I wouldn't spam out the site and I was talking to a few guys about guns and whatnot, but it got deleted because one person took offence to me for reasons unknown. I didn't know it would have a negative impact on the site. I felt rather than being told, I was assaulted and put down for a crime I had no idea I committed. I understand now, but at the time I felt pretty confused and unwelcome.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Being new isn't exactly a banable offence. I was informed I needed 50 post, I set out to get that and was upfront about my intentions. I tried to make a thread so I wouldn't spam out the site and I was talking to a few guys about guns and whatnot, but it got deleted because one person took offence to me for reasons unknown. I didn't know it would have a negative impact on the site. I felt rather than being told, I was assaulted and put down for a crime I had no idea I committed. I understand now, but at the time I felt pretty confused and unwelcome.

Glad you decided to stick around.

Why do you think the reason for the thread getting deleted because one person took offense? They usually get deleted in those circumstances because it is just easier than going thru all of the post.

zzephaniah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    NWI
    Glad you decided to stick around.

Why do you think the reason for the thread getting deleted because one person took offense? They usually get deleted in those circumstances because it is just easier than going thru all of the post.

The other posted just seemed to look down on my right off the bat, then posted something about me getting banned when I poked fun at his signature.

zzephaniah

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2014
    NWI
    No biggie, you certainly haven't been the worst offender we've seen. Hope you stick around for more than the classifieds. :welcome: to :ingo:

My advice, let it go...

You ****ed up a little, and you took some razzing for it. We've all taken our share at one time or another. Put on some thicker skin and stick around for a while. INGO is mostly good people.

I can take it, and give it too. :D

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I'll be sure to check that out, I could always go for some new range buddies.

And you shall have them too. As the new guy who survived a race to 50 hazing and kept on ticking you're well on your way to being one of INGOs hipsters, hell Bunnykid might even invite you over for a bacon sandwich.
    And trust me, bacon sandwiches beat the hell out of Vegemite sandwiches anyday!
    Anyway, welcome to INGO!:ingo:

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City

I never really understood the harassment myself either. You can become a site supporter and use the classifieds immediately without contributing a lick, so it doesn't really make sense. I rushed to 50 because there was a gun I really wanted to buy in the classifieds. Most people in the classifieds don't care about your post count as long as you are legal and willing to pay their price. That being said, if you want to learn and share about guns, this is the best site to do so! I love INGO, but there are jerks on here the same as the real world!

95YJ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2014
    East Of Indy
    I joined up, Every post was "new" to me...so I went through making comments. Didn't notice when they were started. I got called out on "Necro-Posting"....learned from it, learned a lot from people in here, a lot of good people, a lot of stuff I still don't understand, but I'll learn..I ain't goin' anywhere...I refuse to go anywhere, until I can master reading Harley Riders Posts....lol

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    you guys are funny. I honestly know nothing more about sns than what was read and what a quick search of ingo showed me.

I don't know why people are coming after you like this. I mean they're treating you like, oh, as a totally random example, the type of guy who would have a negligent discharge of a AR in the parking lot of your employer.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I joined up, Every post was "new" to me...so I went through making comments. Didn't notice when they were started. I got called out on "Necro-Posting"....learned from it, learned a lot from people in here, a lot of good people, a lot of stuff I still don't understand, but I'll learn..I ain't goin' anywhere...I refuse to go anywhere, until I can master reading Harley Riders Posts....lol

FTW

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

I never really understood the harassment myself either. You can become a site supporter and use the classifieds immediately without contributing a lick, so it doesn't really make sense. I rushed to 50 because there was a gun I really wanted to buy in the classifieds. Most people in the classifieds don't care about your post count as long as you are legal and willing to pay their price. That being said, if you want to learn and share about guns, this is the best site to do so! I love INGO, but there are jerks on here the same as the real world!

Being new isn't a ban able offense, but different people including myself tried to give advise. It is up to the recipient if they want to receive it or not. When someone has a post once every minute on different threads it is quite evident that they are only reading the last post and posting a reply to boost their post count. We need everyone on INGO, but there are rules that we must all follow. This is Fenway's house so he makes the rules. If someone wants to get to the classified section right away they should take the advise to become a site supporter. Some don't agree with this but once again this is Fenway's house and that is his rule.

The old timers here are who made this site what it is, so when a noob comes in disrespecting the group by not following the rules then the hazing will begin. They usually fire a few warning shots before the hazing.

I made mistakes in the beginning, heck I even said "I'm not giving $15 for something I can get for free" I tried to out smart the Mods but it didn't work and I got spanked for it. I thought whats the big deal its not like I'm doing any harm, I'm just helping a guy out in the classifieds by buying their item. In reality the Mods have to keep order otherwise INGO would get out of control.

INGO was the first forum that I had ever joined and unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to take advise from anyone. A person sent me a PM letting me know that the one liners were getting old. They suggested that I find a topic that I knew something about and contribute to the thread. Did I take their advise? Nope! I told them to mind their own business. Not only were they trying to be a friend they were a MOD. I got a 48 hour time out for my disrespect.

ZZ The run to 50 will be forgotten soon enough so once again Welcome to INGO. I look forward to hearing from you about your knowledge of 1911's and other things you bring to the group.

Top Bottom