What do you think the biggest threat to Hoosiers is?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which do you believe to be the most likely disaster?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Looking for something real not imagined if would remind everyone of the New Madrid fault. Will make Haiti's earthquake look like tremors as far as destruction and loss of life. Most of us won't even be able to get to our guns....

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    huntall50 is right on the nail with this one! the new madrid has been a concern of fire departments and emergency management for some time and not much as been said to the public. This is one of the largest fault lines in the country and when it lets loose it will be something you cannot even imagine! with tornadoes all the damage is to that above ground where as with a quake everything including underground is affected. Gas lines, electrical, bridges, roadways total infrastructure damage.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    Most of Indiana is rural -- we won't have that hard of a time getting to our stuff. I have a one story house w/full basement... even if it collapses on me, it won't fall flat.

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    I say civil unrest brought on by a natural or economic disaster which would be caused by people not having food or power and trying to take it from the prepared people that have it.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I'd say the biggest threat I see that could be coming our way is the collapes of the dollar.You can only imagine what would happen next, because noone knows what would happen next.

Or possibly the alignment of the Earth, Sun and a Black Hole (Its been 13000 years since it has happened only that time was Summer solstice. This time its gonna be winter solstice, Its a very interesting read,saw a show on the History Channel about it Saturday. Scientest dont know whats going to happen either.

Last edited:

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    My answer was a collapes in the economy making for civil unrest but researching the events that are likely to happen around winter solstice 2012 ,I would have to say a massive earthquake, that some are saying will be Earth changing, at a magnitude of something like 20 plus on the richter scale. Sound crazy?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom