• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Got some plastic, got some steel, what I carry is an alloy doublestack 1911-type .45ACP. I'm getting another just like it as soon as I can in case I wind up having to use it and it goes to evidence. JMB was the Thomas Edison of firearms. Many of us still use incandescent bulbs, and many of us still use 1911s.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Lets see....first carry gun was my Beretta 92FS, next was a GP 100, which I alternated carrying with the 92...then is was a HK USP Compact 40 SW....now is is a G19 alternated with a Smith 642--BUT i just recently traded for a G20 FS......what will it be next?

The point-carry what is best for you. Carry what you shoot the best! At one time, all of the above where practiced with regularly, currently the last three get the nod.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    i have both. i like both, i will buy more of both in the future.
    for the record i have more 1911's then glocks, but i have more "plastic" guns then 1911's.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    The way I see it plastic guns have two good things going for them, (1) Plastic guns are light (2) You can toss them around, it's harder to scratch those frame, but PLASTIC guns are only tool to me, they don't "TICKLE my PICKLE":D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Got some plastic, got some steel, what I carry is an alloy doublestack 1911-type .45ACP. I'm getting another just like it as soon as I can in case I wind up having to use it and it goes to evidence. JMB was the Thomas Edison of firearms. Many of us still use incandescent bulbs, and many of us still use 1911s.

I love my double stack Par Ordinance alloy P-12. I have (2) P-14 in stainless
    I just can't help myself.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yup, mine's a P12 with P14 mags for backup. Hey, it's only 36oz loaded; I hardly notice it, have to grab at it to verify whether I have it or not. It's the holster, man!

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    I prefer ALL guns. I can find something to enjoy about pretty much anything I've ever picked up and if I could afford to own them and shoot them all, I would. That said, go to carry is a Glock 27 (has also been a S&W 686). The 1911 usually stays at home.

My sentiments exactly (I have the same general feelings about women but unlike my guns, I'll stick to the one tried and true woman I have).
    I just don't get why people feel the need to bash a gun maker. I don't get my ego tied up in any manufacturer or brand. I guess it's like the "FORD" / "CHEVY" thing. Sophomoric.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I have both-- 1911 (Kimber Eclipse Custom II) "Plastic" guns (Glock 23c & Kel Tec P11) I prefer to carry my plastic, but I definatly enjoy shooting my 1911 more.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Why the constant battle between the 1911 and the Glock? I don't get it I guess. Both are excellent weapons in their own right. Each have strengths and weaknesses over each other. Some people shoot the 1911 better, and some people shoot the Glock better. I like both of them. Any of us that carry these, or others, are on the same team. Just saying.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    For daily, sustained use (actual shooting - think combat, carrying, service, maintenance, etc.), I prefer a polymer frame gun (M&P or Sig).

For occasional use, longevity, and to pass along to my son as an inheritance, I prefer a steel-frame 1911.

Top Bottom