• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrown5932

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Mooresville
    Every gun plastic or metal will malfunction from time to time, to insinuate that a 1911 will teach you how to clear malfunctions, is kinda unfair. I can promise you I have had far less with my 1911's than any plastic guns I have ever owned. Most times malfunctions are because someone has decided to go the cheap route, and run cheap ammo through them.

twisyblackmetal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    Huge fan of my 1911's. Seriously thinking about a 9mm though. Looking seriously at a BHP or perhaps a M9....Thought about a 1911 in 9mm but I hear a lot about them being flaky...

jbrown5932

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Mooresville
    Wolfeman, you are so correct! I did not mean that a guy should own a 1911 only, as I also own a Glock 23 and a 27. I just get tired of people being always telling me that the "plastic" guns can outshoot the 1911's. Also all I hear about is the plastic guns can carry more rounds than the 1911's, it should not be about how many rounds one can carry, but about shot placement and accuracy. Just remember the more rounds you send down the pipe, the more rounds you are held accountable for.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I have shot 1911s all my life and love them, and have 2 now. In the past I had a Glock 19, and it was ok, but I didn't keep it. I received a Springfield XDM 9mm 4.5 bbl for Christmas a few weeks ago and love it too, so I will say both.

Dave

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I prefer a 1911. Nothing against the plastic guns, they are great guns as well but you cant beat the quality, beauty and reliability of a nice 1911. Just my .02

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    Plastic all the way for carrying, but metal guns are very nice for shooting at the range.

You also get more bang for your buck when you're not paying for that unnecessary aluminum or steel frame, and all machining that comes with it.

magiaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Honestly, I think that most guns will serve well in most situations. However, there is not a single gun that serves perfectly in all situations. A gun that has great target sights probably isn't the best for defensive shooting. A gun that fits well in your pocket for deep concealed carry doesn't serve the best if you can carry a bigger firearm. And GLOCKs and 1911s do have some overlap in their purpose, but they are still different guns. What are YOU personally carrying it for? That's what I'd ask the person.

Just my 2 cents.

-Aaron

oldshaky

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 13, 2011
    Greensburg
    My first pistol was a Springfield 1911 , I really like 1911 guns , but I am getting older & cant take the heavy recoil of the 45 anymore . I am a revolver guy & will always keep my S&W 38 Specials & 357 Magnums . I have become interested in the Ruger SR9 .

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    Just shot my first 1911 today and will have to go with plastic for now. I shoot the G19 better as of now. More time behind the 1911 may or may not change that.

magiaaron

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    My first pistol was a Springfield 1911 , I really like 1911 guns , but I am getting older & cant take the heavy recoil of the 45 anymore . I am a revolver guy & will always keep my S&W 38 Specials & 357 Magnums . I have become interested in the Ruger SR9 .

Keeping the .357 magnum when you can't take the .45? :D Just kidding. I know what you mean.

-Aaron

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    There are some excellent plastic 1911's

Here's my Kimber Polymer Gold Match .45

KimberPolymerGoldMatch452.jpg

And my wife owns a stunning BUL M5 Street Comp in .45 cal.

IMG_1588.jpg

Both are accurate and dependable 1911's.

And both are double stack high capacity .45's.

:cool:

eblevins

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    colts rule

The 1911 variations have been perfected by time. Simple to maintain, any body can shoot them. When is the last time you heard of a glock gaining value as it gets older. They are just like a auto once it is of the show room floor it looses value.

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    To compare a 1911 to a Glock is not fare!! After 100 years the 1911 sits atop of any handgun. History shows it is the greatest handgun. Glocks can come in second, but it can never hold the place of honor. There has never been a Gen1, 2 or 3 or what ever number next to a 1911!! John Browning got it right. And the 1911 is all AMERICAN !! Support this great country and buy an all American Colt or S&W 1911. There wasn't a Glock around to save my life in close combat will I was in Vietnam, but the 1911 put em down, and I'll always remember how good it was to have that 1911 on my side that day. Yep, I'm a die hard 1911 man, and always will be. Glock, step aside, you'll always be 2nd best.....................:rockwoot:

I'm not going to say one is better than the other. I just want to point out that John Browning did not set the design in stone from the begining. There were changes and updates made to the 1911 pistol as well, they just weren't call "Gen?".

Thank you for your service to this country sir.

Top Bottom