What do you guys think of this for home defense?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I will stand pat with my Tauri. :shoot: If they fail, I go to my pump shotguns. If that does not settle the problem, my home is already a disaster area and I will just bug out through a hole in the wall. :draw:

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Needs a light for those bumps in the night.

100_0579.jpg

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Good call. Lord knows the most important consideration in a life and death situation is whether your rifle can be easily vilified.....um....yeah.

It is one of the most important considerations. I don't know what planet you live on, but I have no desire to be violated in my home or in prison.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So you think the difference between a shoot that is determined to be proper self defense and one that results in prison time is whether you use an AK or something else?

Tell you what- show me some court cases, or even media reports where that was the deciding factor. I'm game. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

Oh, and the planet I live on is handling firearms for over 30 years and practicing law for 15.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    If that's what you like, guess its OK. Personally I have never felt the need to add anything to my Colt Double Eagle 45acp. I am quite sure I can put 8 rounds into any bad guy on any spot in my home - or on my property (max distance around 150 ft.). I really want as maneuverable a weapon for home defense as I can use proficiently (with real stopping power).

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    No reason why a .45 ACP with a bit longer barrel wouldn't be just fine for home defense - as long as it's stone cold reliable. However, I wouldn't put the upper on a frame simply for more barrel if it had any negative impact on reliability.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    OK, I sold my previous home defense gun. I was thinking about putting this in the closet for home defense. What do you guys think??? I would also like to shoot an appleseed but with a 12mm bullet, it doesn't count since 8mm is biggest allowed to qualify.

picture.php

I've got one in 10mm, hows your accuracy?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am not a hater but this is a new thing for me. We keep 1911's accessible as well as 12 g. shotguns. Not sure I would put my family's life on this deal.
    No way I would violate a 1911 like that....now a Glock, well, you know.....:D

Again, no hater. I need to see and feel something run before I give a thumbs up.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I am not a hater but this is a new thing for me. We keep 1911's accessible as well as 12 g. shotguns. Not sure I would put my family's life on this deal.
    No way I would violate a 1911 like that....now a Glock, well, you know.....:D

Again, no hater. I need to see and feel something run before I give a thumbs up.

I agree, I bought mine in 10mm for the added velosity but I haven't chronographed it yet, I need to do that tomorrow.

Anyway it does look a little strange but it works like a champ. I bought a inexpensive RIA .45 just so I could use the lower on this carbine and still shoot my Delta Elite at the same time. The added benefit is that now I have a dandy RIA .45 that shoots like a champ also and is accurate as all get out.

P1010001.jpg

Top Bottom