Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Shot several of my reloads:

.300BLK , both 147gr FMJ's and 110 V-Max
    .223 - 55gr FMJ
    30-06 - 147gr FMJ's for the M1 Garand
    9mm - 124gr Montana Golds
    .45 ACP - 185 gr Montana Golds

Had a GREAT time shooting what I had work hard on reloading, and had great results. :rockwoot:

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    If there are no pictures, you know, we think it didn't really happen, right?
    :rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot:

:rockwoot::rockwoot: Ask and thou shalt recieve. :rockwoot::rockwoot:

picture.php

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central
    I got to shoot 100 rounds through my new to me 9mm yesterday. I had a blast doing it and now I have a small brass collection to start with when I start reloading. :rockwoot:

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    I was kinda under the weather this weekend but did manage to get out to the garage and cast and load a couple of hundred of these 200 grain .45's. Plinkers.

401400799.jpg

401400802.jpg

Last edited:

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    45-70, COOL! I have that same mould! ;)

Well, I shot with son #2 today. Took his duty gun, S&W M&P 40S&W to the range and gave it and my Sig P250 Compact 357Sig/40S&W a workout.

Loaded up some 155gr plated TC bullets over a near maximum load of Longshot powder in mixed cases with Wolf Small Pistol Primers and was pleasantly surprised as I ran them over the chronograph. Those little puppies came out of that short tube @ 1250fps with an ES of 35fps and and SD of around 10fps! WOWSERS!

Not too barky either. Shot to POA/POI and @ 25 yards, I could hit a rock the size of a hand as often as I pulled the trigger. That was cool!

It was a good time to go to the range, no one else was there and we had some good father/son time. As these kids keep getting older, I find they have less time for the old man. It is the way it is supposed to be, they have their own lives but, I'm not sure I'm liking it too well! ;)

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    45-70, COOL! I have that same mould! ;)

Well, I shot with son #2 today. Took his duty gun, S&W M&P 40S&W to the range and gave it and my Sig P250 Compact 357Sig/40S&W a workout.

Loaded up some 155gr plated TC bullets over a near maximum load of Longshot powder in mixed cases with Wolf Small Pistol Primers and was pleasantly surprised as I ran them over the chronograph. Those little puppies came out of that short tube @ 1250fps with an ES of 35fps and and SD of around 10fps! WOWSERS!

Not too barky either. Shot to POA/POI and @ 25 yards, I could hit a rock the size of a hand as often as I pulled the trigger. That was cool!

It was a good time to go to the range, no one else was there and we had some good father/son time. As these kids keep getting older, I find they have less time for the old man. It is the way it is supposed to be, they have their own lives but, I'm not sure I'm liking it too well! ;)

Skip,

That's one of my favorite moulds. I usually use the round pins but decided to put in the pentas this time.

It's always a good time when you can do some shootin' with the kids, glad you had the opportunity.:rockwoot:

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Loaded up another dozen of the 147gr FMJ's for the '06. This time it was a half grain more of H4895 than I used last time, but I fixed the loose scope mount, so the results were MUCH BETTER! :D

They shot a bug-hole at 50 yards, which doesn't tell me a whole lot, so will shoot some at 100 later this afternoon. I might finally be ready to present this project. :)

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Slug that bore! :D (if you haven't)

Well I did a while back, with a lee bullet cast of air cooled wheel weights (didn't have any pure lead around).

It's weird, the slug came out .308 or 9 if I remember correctly. It was my understanding cai used new green moutain barrels in these yugos, which should be .310 or something.

Regardless, my cast bullets are being fired at about .311 or 12 diameter. I verified this by pulling one from a finished cartridge to make sure the reloading process wasn't sizing them down any.

Maybe not using gas checks is causing problems... I've got more testing to do before I can assume that.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    That is an MP 452-200 made by Miha Prevec. The pic below is with the round pins installed.
    401436280.jpg

You can see his handiwork here - Mp-molds

Yep, that be the one! They are absolutely awesome out of my Tommy gun!

I get about 1300fps from the longer barrel and 3" groups @ 100 yards. Not too shabby!

(Not only that, you look cool at the range with it! ;) )

And tonight, I thought I would size some 223 brass, just for hoops and hollars!

I used my usual tactics in doing so and had some grow more than others! The ones that I didn't lube the necks on grew just a fuzz more than the ones I did! If I dried out the dies by running unlubed cases through them, they GREW MORE! WOWSERS!

Not much mind you, .002" to .003" is all the difference was. These were Federal cases too and they seemed to have been shot in a super tight chamber because there were NO marks at all. Usually, and again, this isn't a hard and fast rule, there are marks near the bottom before the web if I get Lake City brass. Of course, that stuff if military and is really 5.56 and............all that.

On this stuff, I bet my Hornady One Shot would have worked just fine.

FWIW

Top Bottom