• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    If someone lights off a few nukes your explorer is going to be your feet. Buy a good pair of boots and get out there and walk. When you become acclimated nd lose some swivel chir spread add a weighted pack until you can carry for hours everything you absolutley have to have. My gsd loves to pull a cart.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I've rigged up a "Bandito" rig with a pair of Kimber Custom 2s w/6 8 rd mags, belt holstered Kimber Custom 2 w/2 8 rd mags, Armalite 10-4 220 rds, and New England 20ga youth w/100 rds. These are secured on my Bandito rig.
    Most threads are crap after the first two pages and I just checked back to see pages 16 and 17 out of curiosity.

is it just me or do I see:

Two 1911's and 6 spare mags
    Four AR-10 mags
    One single shot shotgun and 100 shotgun rounds

AND THIS IS ALL ON ONE "BANDITO" RIG? He will be wearing this under/over his gear? I am assuming he will be carrying a loaded AR10 in his hands and amybe even some water.

Am I reading this right and if so, NO ONE said a Mosin is lighter? Afterall this is a Mosin thread.

Kveldulf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Tippecanoe County
    If someone lights off a few nukes your explorer is going to be your feet. Buy a good pair of boots and get out there and walk. When you become acclimated nd lose some swivel chir spread add a weighted pack until you can carry for hours everything you absolutley have to have. My gsd loves to pull a cart.

My personal SHTF transportation option is my bicycle. I can easily ride with a pack and a couple guns on my person, while the rest of the things I'm willing to abandon can simply be pulled by trailer or strapped onto racks. In a SHTF scenario, it will be close to impossible to get gas or navigate on roads anywhere near a formerly civilized area. Bike maintenance tools are generally light and small. I can fit all of my tools and supplies for 98% of my likely mechanical issues is a tiny bag that sits under my seat.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I got a big duffle bag & my ammo in container boxes ..Everything goes with me .I do have a double 1911 rig & serpa drop leg for a 1911 for carrying on my person, my wife has claimed my Glock 22 w/ 31 rd mag w lots of spare mags for both

templar223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Guns are like shoes. It varies what the conditions are as to which I'm wearing.

I'm partial to a Glock 17 or 19 and an AR for most applications, but who knows, I might have an HK91, a .243 or a Garand on some days depending on the threat, and my mood and location.

Heck, I've even worn a S&W model 65 to some run and gun classes in the past. That always gets a look or two.

Sully Sullivan once noted at my shooting: "Oooooh, a wheelgun! And he stages the trigger! Now that warms my heart!"

John

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    All the guns and ammo I own fit on a sling, in a holster and in my gun bag. That's said they are ALL going w me. M&p 9mm and 3 spare mags, m&p ar15 w aimpoint red dot and 5 spare mags, sig *sauerkraut* mosquito and spare mag. My gun bag can comfortable hoof 500 5.56, 500 9mm, and 500 22lr round (I know from going on all day shoots and a friends house). Extremely comfortable shooting all three and if I can carry it comfortably, its going w me.

Edit: *sauer* d@mmed autocorrect

Ragenarok007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Mooresville
    Glock 22 on my hip, Marlin 795 with scope on my back, carry the tacced out Remington 870. When I get my AR built I'd carry that out instead of the 870. If possible I'd also bring my Lee Enfield in .308 for any ammo I could later scavenge and maybe even my Finnish Mosin because nothing short of being at ground zero is gonna hurt that baby.

I used to have an M1895. Definitely wouldn't bug out with one if I had another option. Its got something like a 20lb trigger pull, 16lb in sa. Ammo is gonna be near impossible to scavenge. Reload rate is only slightly faster than black powder. I'd sooner bring a repro dragoon so I could possibly make my own powder and bullets. The only thing those nagants have going for them is that they are about the only revolver that can be effectively supressed. The CIA used them in Vietnam for assassinations in Operation Phoenix for that very reason.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Anything but my mosin rifle and nagant pistol....probably an AR and a 9mm.
    Would like to find an adapter to shoot .22s for small game.

Top Bottom