• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beau45CLT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    Cicero
    Grabbing the Benelli M1 super 90 and S&W 15-22 and one of my .45 S&W handguns, not sure which one... If I could grab one it would still be the 12gauge. Nothing beats a good 12 gauge.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Welcome aboard! Good post too!

Reminds me of my re-thought choices: AR-10 .308, scoped, altho' heavy is a good long-range killer. Ammo is heavy but powerful @ long range. Actually, even a slight good wound is O.K, with me; I won't be elk-hunting. Plus for my sub-calibers, I'd have my Traditions dbl-bbl break 12ga & sluggers or ØØØ, w sleeves for .45ACP, .357mag or .44mag, depending on which Glock or Taurus wheel-gun I grab going out the door. Those rds weigh about the same. So I have the AR, a shotty, and pistol. I'm gonna have to drop out some cans of beans to carry all that!
    Tough call... I would like a hard hitting round like a .308 or 8mm and decent side arm like a .357 revolver or .45ACP. Not the most attractive choices in a world of semi autos, but I think the less upkeep the better when on the move.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    People bringing revolvers and even 1911's as a primary pistol are really at a disadvantage. I'm no expert but I would think the higher ammo capacity the better advantage if a 9mm or larger.
    I say this to spark some discussion on the issue, not to pick a fight.

grasshopperlegs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Cartersburg.
    I think if it should happen a 22 rifle and a shot gun (12 or 20) would be the choice I would take. I have a good supply of 22 shells and right now they are getting a little pricey. I think a 9mm would be something to think about also.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    Well I suppose that would depend on the scenario. If its a stay where I'm at situation, then I'm taking up residence on the roof with the AR, and .40at my side. My daughter will have the .22LR, and .380 auto. The Savage M320 shotgun, Remington 770 .270 Winchester and sig will be close by. If I have to run.....well I think I've got too much ammo to be hauling around for more than a couple days. I could put them in the car. If I have to hoof it....well, I think I'll have to bury some of it before I leave in case I have an oppertunity to come back for it. With over a little over 5K total rounds, it's hard to carry that, and essential SHTF. BOB.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    People bringing revolvers and even 1911's as a primary pistol are really at a disadvantage. I'm no expert but I would think the higher ammo capacity the better advantage if a 9mm or larger.

I can see your point, but you also have to account for personal proficiency, effectiveness of the round, especially under circumstances in which you may have to settle for ammunition you wouldn't use for anything but target practice under normal conditions, and the fact that you only have to kill a person so dead. In the event of being rushed by a mob, I wouldn't want to find myself relying on a handgun of any description.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Bushmaster Carbon-15 "pistol" ...

... with a 100-rd dual-snail magazine would fare thee pretty well, but might be temporary safety depending upon mob-size. It would change a lot of minds, especially if you fired deliberately at the lead mobster and dropped one with each shot. Practice, practice, practice.
    I can see your point, <snip> in the event of being rushed by a mob, I wouldn't want to find myself relying on a handgun of any description.

usafmora

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    North Vernon
    I have a 380 ruger on me at all times, then the SKS so I can cover some ground- no scope iron sites. The wife will bring her Walther p22 so she gets to carry the rounds for both of us,LOL

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    Depending on the exact shtf scenario the guns I would take are Springfield socom, Springfield 1911, Beretta 96 with my 92 slide and barrel in the bag. Smith 617 .22 revolver. Remington 870 police. Sig 556 in .223. If I am mobile with a vehicle I would take some more with me to my date with the end of the world.:patriot:

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    AR, 870, 10/22 take down, G17.

Carrying all would be a pain. If it came down to just 2 it would be 870 and G17.

Able to effectively engage threats out to 150 yds. Able to interchange ammo, etc. can't carry as many shotgun shells as .223 and such but I don't plan on prolonged engagements. Glocks just work and I can carry lots and lots of rounds. If I can carry another gun it's an AR.

Rock River

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indy/Morgan county
    If I had to hit the road I've always been torn between taking an AR or a .22. AR goes me more firepower but can't carry as many rounds. Taking a deer down with a .22 doesn't sound like much fun but neither does defending myself with a .22 instead of an AR.

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Depends on what scenario, but my fighting SHTF guns are;

-AR in 300BLK
    -HK45
    -Remington 870

Survival SHTF guns are;

-Ruger 10-22
    -Old tang safety in 25-06
    -Remington 870
    -AR in 300BLK and 5.56
    -HK p30 9mm V3

Now if I have to bug out and walk with my guns, a long gun and a pistol in a survival situation;

Me
    -AR in 300BLK
    -HK45
    -B/U HKp30

Wife
    -10-22 or 870
    -HK p30

Kids
    -both Crickets, lol

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    For fighting, my FAL.

Moving quickly, Suppressed Walther P22, Glock 17 and KelTec Sub2k that takes G17 magazines. Also have a breakdown Stevens 620 shotgun and Marlin Papoose, so all of those can fit in my green tanker bag. With plenty of G17 magazines, 22lr and some shotgun shells it really isnt all that heavy.

Long term, toss in a couple of Ruger 10-22's and a lot of bulk ammo.

Tim Enyeart

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Marion

The 9 has a higher magazine capacity and allows for a faster sight picture on multiple shots. I'm guessing here but it seems there are a lot more round options today than in the 80's when the 40 was developed. I switched from 40 to 9 and have no regrets.

Top Bottom