Mossberg Maverick Tactical 12Ga Shotgun
    1,000 rounds of 12ga in 00 Buckshot

Last edited:

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I am building a 6mmX45 for a AR. That is going to be my back pack gun.

I want more power than what a 223 gives. The smallest thing I want to carry if things fall apart is a 243 with one of my 45s backing it up.

If I have to shoot at some one I want some thing that is going to kill them not hurt them. That means that you may have to shoot through a door of a car or truck, house or some thing that some one is hiding behind and that takes power.

When my 358 bolt gun is finished that is what I will carry. The only problem with it is that past 300 yards it drops like a rock.

mrtdrew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 22, 2011
    NW Indy
    Browning HI power, Ruger Mini 14, Remington 870, Ruger 10/22, Mosin 91/30. Various others will obviously be used but these would be my go to firearms in the event of a disaster.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    The one gun in my collection that I definately consider a shtf tool is my PMR-30 with eight 30 round clips of 22 wmr. The pistol with eight full mags (240 rnds) weighs bout the same as 2 full AR mags.

jmil

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Well if i have to be on the go then I grab my xdm 9 and hi piont 9 carbine for one simple reason Im carrying only one type of ammo. 9mm is heavy enough for protection and the carbine can double as a food gitter. All that said I would also have a complete collection of various others because when im out of ammo cuz u will i want to be able to use what ever I can find i mean really i dont think iv ever been in an old chevy that didnt have a hand full of 22s or 12guages rolling aroud the floorboard

Mr. Rogue Shark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Tough call... I would like a hard hitting round like a .308 or 8mm and decent side arm like a .357 revolver or .45ACP. Not the most attractive choices in a world of semi autos, but I think the less upkeep the better when on the move.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This could change as Im still getting to know my guns, but right now...

My AR-15 - I have a good supply of ammo and mags and
    My Springfield XDM 9mm for the same reasons.

These are the only two guns I have used enough to feel comfortable taking in a SHTF situation.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I just picked up a little CZ527 Carbine in .223. I believe it's destined to become my "on the road" gun. Real light weight and once I decide what it likes to eat, probably as accurate as it needs to be within 150 yards.

bakeman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Linton, IN
    If i was on the move it would be the AR as primary weapon, and i would be torn on whether to carry the 92f/s or my m&p pro series.....I would probably use both in one way or another....it would be nice to have my 870 around too.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    That is a PART of the defensive I.D. of the weapon !!

I like my guns w a LOT of stigma, dark and un-shiny!! John Wayne never shot from concealment, as some of us may HAVE to after SHTF!! I'd add my SerbuShorty Mossy500, w insert for .44mag which matches my pistol and carbine calibers. Might add a .223 to the Shorty for stew-pot shots. SerbuShorty has a LOT of stigma in a concealed carry!!
    The more I think about it the more I like my 4" S&W, 66-1 and my Rossi 92 <snip> doesn't carry the stigma of the black rifles in some peoples minds, it's more John Wayne.

Last edited:

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    israeli fn hbar 16" is primary, fnp tactical is a secondary. there are several others too, but those are the main go to guns. assorted ar15s and a few benelli m1 super 90s make up the fall back stuff

glockmeister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Indy Northside
    All of 'em! Of course if we're talking bugout, then that's a little different.
    For that I would take my Winchester model 1300 defender 12 gauge, and my
    Glock 19. Also I would take my spares kit with extra springs. Oh yeah,...as much ammo as I can carry without sacrificing any of my survival gear.
    Just my :twocents:

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    It all depends on the situation. Urban survival/social outbreak. it would easily be my AR and G19. If it was survival in the woods/wilderness i would pic a cz452 scout "hopefully with a fart can" 22lr and ruger markIII Hunter 22lr. Quiet, light, accurate, can kill anything with good shot placement and you can carry a couple thousand rounds in a backpack. Oh yeah and it wont destroy your food.

darrent

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Muncie, Indiana
    Tough to say. Right now I would probably go with a lightweight AR, Saiga 12 (Kushnapup style), and Glock 23 (w/ 9mm conversion barrel - just in case). Probably would take 10 mags for each. It really depends on what SHTF. I could switch to something completely different.

Top Bottom