What are you wishes for your body after you die?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What are your wishes for your body if you die?

• Total voters

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'm curious as to what INGO-folks want to happen with their body after we die. There are lots of ways to handle things. Such as donating to the anatomy lab at IU does not preclude burial or cremation.

I always assumed it would be the standard burial but never really gave it critical thought.

Forgot to add "funeral raft burned using tracer rounds". Nuts.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Need another option in that poll.
    - Don't care.
    I have no wishes at all. It doesn't matter to me now and I'm sure it won't then. But I'm thinking that I won't die before the Lord comes back so it won't matter anyway.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    - Don't care.
    I have no wishes at all. It doesn't matter to me now and I'm sure it won't then. But I'm thinking that I won't die before the Lord comes back so it won't matter anyway.

True, the "don't care" should have been there. I hope to die before He comes back, because from what I've heard it's going to be a bit nuts down here before that happens :)

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Having been sexton in a cemetery for 33 years, I don't like to think of my body melting away into a sticky pool of burgundy mush in a dark, wet box (I hate dark, tight places) buried in the ground. I am going the 'Shake-N-Bake" route. After that I don't care what she does with my ashes but just knowing I'll be high and dry is comforting enough for me.

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Burn me up and throw me in the river so I get to see the world. Or something like that. I don't wanna be in a hole in the ground and people to feel guilty about not coming to see me.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    If we allowed "green" funerals I would want this. Just wrap me in burlap and drop me into the ground...maybe plant some trees when the designated plot of land is full!

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    - Don't care.

This. Really, just this.

And you already said you forgot about that option. ;)

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I've already instructed my parents and future wife that when I die, I am to be cremated and then loaded into shotgun shells and passed out to my loved ones, to be shot out over the family farm. I am completely serious and they all understand this and have agreed to it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Hmmm, take from me whatever could be used to help another person. After that, my family can do with me whatever makes them feel better, I won't know any different since I'll be dead.

Top Bottom