What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Just watched Die Hard with a Vengeance on Prime. Somehow I never saw it before. Good flick! Stars Bruce Willis as Bruce Willis and Samuel L. Jackson as Samuel L. Jackson.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    On YouTube
    (free with ads)

You'll probably need captions on this one. It's not in English.
    A lot of CGI, since most of the ships have been sunk, and airplanes of this era are hard to come by.

The Kogo class battleships are becoming obsolete, and pre-WWII Japan is looking for a replacement.
    There is a dispute in the IJN which way to go.
    One side wants a super battleship.
    The other side thinks battleships themselves are obsolete, and the replacement should be aircraft carriers.

Somehow, the super battleship side has produced an estimate CHEAPER than that proposed by the carrier side, even though the battleship is much heavier, and the carrier estimate does not include planes.
    Admirals Yamamoto and Nagano enlist Tadashi Kai to estimate the REAL cost of the battleship.
    Kai is stonewalled while trying to get information, but he is a brilliant mathematician, and seems to have a bit of OCD when it comes to measuring things.

Most of the movie is his race to estimate the cost, before the meeting for the decision is held, in a couple weeks.

1690519112495.png

1690518649620.png

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    On YouTube
    (free with ads)

I thought this was just a fictional story, but it is apparently loosely based on a real story.

German ships in a neutral port are passing on information to U boats on Allied Ship movements.
    Since it involves a neutral port, "other than conventional" means are necessary to stop the threat.

1690519361358.png

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    On YouTube
    (free with ads)

I thought this was just a fictional story, but it is apparently loosely based on a real story.

German ships in a neutral port are passing on information to U boats on Allied Ship movements.
    Since it involves a neutral port, "other than conventional" means are necessary to stop the threat.

View attachment 289678
    I might have seen that one. Not sure.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I was checking on Justified - City Primeval today for new episode. I could only find it in a rent or buy category. Hope that is temporary!

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I was checking on Justified - City Primeval today for new episode. I could only find it in a rent or buy category. Hope that is temporary!
    I’m watching it also. We just went ahead and bought the season. Since it’s just coming out and there’s been a lot of anticipation, I don’t expect it to be free for quite a while

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I’m watching it also. We just went ahead and bought the season. Since it’s just coming out and there’s been a lot of anticipation, I don’t expect it to be free for quite a while
    Interesting, the first two episodes were free last week. /teaser maybe?

Top Bottom