What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just about done with a rewatch of NYPD Blue on Prime. Another show that was really good for years, but toward the end, not so much.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Boston Legal is great, if entirely divorced from reality. The zany humor and insanity of Spader and Shatner is gold.. I've been super heavy into watching Suits on Peacock lately, a bit less humor but super tight dialogue in a similar setting.

As a general recommendation, I've been watching a fair amount of Cheers as my background show. I hated the Sam/Diane together portion but the show overall is good and I love Coach's dialogue too much.
    What? You mean court cases don't go the way they did with Spader and Shatner? I was figuring if I ever needed a lawyer, I'd try to hire Alan Shore! ;)

We watched Suits a while back. Though good, they strayed from the central premise as the seasons went on which is typical of shows it seems.

Boston Legal stayed pretty true to form for the 5 seasons they had. Yes, Spader and Shatner were gold.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I suggested Echo3 on Apple + to my wife recently, thinking she'd pan it. But we both got into it and are through 5 episodes in two nights of binging.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    My wife and I started watching Tulsa King recently and it is even better than I expected. So far Taylor Sheridan hasn't let us down yet.

I just started it and it's another good one by him. I've also watches the first two episodes of the second season of Mayor of Kingstown and it's good so far (minus one short moment where they describe a firearm and it's surprising "upgrades" that would annoy anyone that knows anything about firearms).

I started 1923, but could barely get through the first episode. I didn't really care for it at all other than the Africa story line.

Last edited:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I just started it and it's another good one by him. I've also watches the first two episodes of the second season of Mayor of Kingstown and it's good so far (minus one short moment where they describe a firearm and it's surprising "upgrades" that would annoy anyone that knows anything about firearms).

I started 1923, but could barely get through the first episode. I didn't really care for it at all other than the Africa story line.
    Mayor of Kingstown is the least interesting looking one to me but I still intend to watch it next.

Yeah, 1923 seems to start really slow and I definitely enjoyed the Africa story line the best as well. IMO, it started to get really interesting at then end of the 4th episode... and then they stopped for a mid season break! Arghhhh!!

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Wife and I was searching for a movie and ran across St. Vincent. We had watched it years ago but decided what the heck. I must say it was much better than I remembered. As we get older certain things become more relevant. St. Vincent touches all the bases. Don't miss the closing credits.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Question for those who have Youtube Pro or whatever it is (or any other streaming service, for that matter). Is there a way to slow down the playback like there is in regular Youtube? Mom doesn't hear or process things as well as she used to, and she complains a lot that the dialogue is just too fast.

oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Just finished the 3 quick seasons of Ricky Gervais' "After Life ". Hilariously funny, then heart breakingly sad. I never was much of a Ricky Gervais fan. But now I am.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Just finished the 3 quick seasons of Ricky Gervais' "After Life ". Hilariously funny, then heart breakingly sad. I never was much of a Ricky Gervais fan. But now I am.
    After Life was great but way to short. Like you said the seasons are short. I've been a fan since 2020. If you haven't seen this take a look. NSFW of course

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Question for those who have Youtube Pro or whatever it is (or any other streaming service, for that matter). Is there a way to slow down the playback like there is in regular Youtube? Mom doesn't hear or process things as well as she used to, and she complains a lot that the dialogue is just too fast.
    I don't know of a way but we use closed captions on most shows for that reason. Also switching from stereo to mono seems to helps a little as well.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I don't know of a way but we use closed captions on most shows for that reason. Also switching from stereo to mono seems to helps a little as well.
    We do the closed captions, but she still says everything is too fast. I may see if regular free youtube has any complete shows or movies we might want to watch. That's the only source where I know you can change the playback speed.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom