What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I posted a thread about it, but just an FYI that HULU is having a Black Friday deal where you can get 12 months for $0.99/mo. It's for new customers only, but today I canceled my account and my mom became a new customer. Didn't matter that we were in the same household. hulu.com/welcome

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I posted a thread about it, but just an FYI that HULU is having a Black Friday deal where you can get 12 months for $0.99. It's for new customers only, but today I canceled my account and my mom became a new customer. Didn't matter that we were in the same household. hulu.com/welcome
    That is hard to resist. I'll check it out to see if we would watch anything.

I assume commercials will be standard?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    That is hard to resist. I'll check it out to see if we would watch anything.

I assume commercials will be standard?
    Yes, this is the plan with commercials. However, most of the commercial breaks are 1:30 instead of 4-5 minutes like network TV and some other streaming services.

Also: I corrected my OP, but it is $0.99 a month and not 12 months for $0.99 total. It was probably obvious, but just in case..

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Yes, this is the plan with commercials. However, most of the commercial breaks are 1:30 instead of 4-5 minutes like network TV and some other streaming services.

Also: I corrected my OP, but it is $0.99 a month and not 12 months for $0.99 total. It was probably obvious, but just in case..
    Thanks. No it was not obvious to this cheapskate. That changes it for me, lol.

I'll still check them out to see what they offer. I am very resistant buying services. I cut the cable to save money. The last thing I want to do is creep up my TV costs.

When we cut the cable, we said we would do Netflix only and if Netflix didn't have something to watch, we would do something else.

Of course, we have Amazon Prime Video since we already do Prime for the shopping.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Thanks. No it was not obvious to this cheapskate. That changes it for me, lol.

I'll still check them out to see what they offer. I am very resistant buying services. I cut the cable to save money. The last thing I want to do is creep up my TV costs.

When we cut the cable, we said we would do Netflix only and if Netflix didn't have something to watch, we would do something else.

Of course, we have Amazon Prime Video since we already do Prime for the shopping.
    We do Hulu because they have some current shows that are available the day after they air. The wife and daughter like some of them shows, like Chicago Med, Fire, the Good Dr., The Dancing show.

We will probably be dropping Prime now that the shipping has become 4-7 days on most things

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    We quit Netflix and Amazon long time ago...however I just watched Dopesick on Hulu...wow...good ole Rudy fighting hard to keep Purdue Pharma killing people. I lost all respect for the guy this week and last week lost all respect for Lin Wood. Glad to see Purdue Pharma go bankrupt and have to pay out $8 Billion but it took over 20 years, and none of the Sackler family goes to jail or can be sued. And nothing happens to the FDA who were paid off.....the addicts go to jail and the people making it happen go free. Ya, I trust my government and the FDA. Conclusion, big Pharma runs this country, not our government.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Just finished up the 3rd and final season of Lost In Space on Netflix. I thought it was a great series, I really wish they would keep going.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    The Alpinist

iu

Holy s**t. If you watched Free Solo and thought that dude was nuts, you ain't seen nothin yet.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Wife and i started wheel of time. Started out good but its really loosing my interest and with obvious woke crap in it.

Top Bottom