What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Just finished "The Pacific" miniseries for the 4th time. It was on HBO, but Netflix now has it.

It's the best thing TV has ever done.
    Band of Brothers is back on there as well. Also, watch Ordinary Men. It’s based on the book of the same name about Nazi police murdering thousands of citizens.

Reactions: oze

oze

Mow Ho
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Band of Brothers is back on there as well. Also, watch Ordinary Men. It’s based on the book of the same name about Nazi police murdering thousands of citizens.
    Ordinary Men was very good. Very disturbing as well.

I'll also watch Band of Brothers again. It's an excellent show, just not in the same way as is The Pacific, imo. Maybe it's due to the Pacific's source material: Two books written by major (real-life) characters in the series: "Helmet for my Pillow", by Robert Leckie, and the excellent "With the Old Breed", by Eugene Sledge.

I'm really looking forward to the release of the next Hanks/Spielberg collaboration, "Masters of the Air", about the men in the USAAF 8th Air Force, based upon the book of the same name.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Probably because I saw the PBS Pacific, I was not impressed with the HBO version.

I was also a paratrooper (82nd not 100 and worst) I thought Band of Brothers was superior.

I once had a commander like Sobol, but most were more like Winters.

cavallo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 17, 2023
    Brownsburg
    I watched the first several seasons on broadcast. Tehn for soem reason it lost its allure to me.
    There are definitely some low points but it ebbs and flows. I see that the series ended recently so there is an ending (with a little controversy.)

Not on Netflix anymore but I absolutely LOVED "Lost" many years ago. Also had a few low seasons some terrible episodes and some characters that I absolutely hated but overall I think it was brilliant. Unlike some, I actually liked the ending and think it answered all of the important questions.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    There are definitely some low points but it ebbs and flows. I see that the series ended recently so there is an ending (with a little controversy.)

Not on Netflix anymore but I absolutely LOVED "Lost" many years ago. Also had a few low seasons some terrible episodes and some characters that I absolutely hated but overall I think it was brilliant. Unlike some, I actually liked the ending and think it answered all of the important questions.
    Funny story, thought I had watched Lost when it came out but turns out the boys did but I was busy cooking cleaning and running a business, sat down to watch it and was amazed at what I had missed, really enjoyed it, got to just a few episodes left and Hulu clamped down on sharing subscriptions and I still haven’t watched the ending and I’m content with that, after all I’ve heard about it.

I find Suits very addictive right now, working my way through it.

oze

Mow Ho
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Probably because I saw the PBS Pacific, I was not impressed with the HBO version.

I was also a paratrooper (82nd not 100 and worst) I thought Band of Brothers was superior.

I once had a commander like Sobol, but most were more like Winters.
    I don't know. Maybe because I found the first-person source material for The Pacific superior to Ambrose's book. But Band of Brothers is still the second best thing TV has ever done, imo.

Top Bottom