What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Irukanji

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    SW Indiana
    ON Disney, but for you Star Wars folks, Clone Wars cartoon and Rebels cartoon series are definitely designed for adults to enjoy... great times!

On Prime right now Alias and Burn Notice are fun action-spy shows that have held up pretty good in my mind.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just started Boston Legal on Prime. Love it already.

So, I wanted to start watching it, but is appears the only option is to watch it with ads on IMDB? I do have a Prime account, but not the premium Prime or whatever the next tier is.

If with ads is my only option, I won't be watching it.:(

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I started watching "The Hunters" on Amazon Prime.

Think- Tarantino-esque Nazi hunting in the late '70s.

We started watching it, but ... I dunno, think the ridiculous factor was too high, we switched it off.

If you like off-beat thrillers, Patriot is pretty good, pretty odd, makes fun of engineers and spies, and has some dark comedy.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Too bad most people seem to have not seen School House Rock. And don't seem to understand how government is supposed to operate.

Poly Sci 2 freshman year in college. We were given a test the first day, I guess to gauge our current knowledge. One question had a section from the preamble to the Constitution which you had to identify. the tune automatically started running through my head.

Started watching "A Bridge Too Far" last night. The '70s gave us some good WWII films.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    So, I wanted to start watching it, but is appears the only option is to watch it with ads on IMDB? I do have a Prime account, but not the premium Prime or whatever the next tier is.

If with ads is my only option, I won't be watching it.:(

There are not many ads at all. They are not nearly as obtrusive as the ones on cable. Might be a couple 30 sec ads per episode, if I recall.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I found a pretty good one on Hulu. Called Palm Springs.

It's a little like Groundhog Day in that the main character (Andy Samberg) relives the same day over and over. He was a guest a wedding and wandered into a mystery cave in the desert and got stuck in a time loop that causes him to relive the wedding and reception again and again.

At one point he hooks up with the Bride's sister, who follows him into the cave and gets stuck in the time loop with him. It's pretty creative and funny. Two thumbs up for sure.

[video=youtube_share;CpBLtXduh_k]http://youtu.be/CpBLtXduh_k[/video]

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I found a pretty good one on Hulu. Called Palm Springs.

It's a little like Groundhog Day in that the main character (Andy Samberg) relives the same day over and over. He was a guest a wedding and wandered into a mystery cave in the desert and got stuck in a time loop that causes him to relive the wedding and reception again and again.

At one point he hooks up with the Bride's sister, who follows him into the cave and gets stuck in the time loop with him. It's pretty creative and funny. Two thumbs up for sure.

That does look funny. Hope it makes it to Netflix or Prime one day.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well it's a Hulu original, so pretty unlikely.

Ah, I see. Oh well, on to the next potential.

I watched The Old Guard last night. I was disappointed . I guess I'm getting older. It takes more than a good looking actress to win me over.

I'm finding that in general, as much as I don't like Hollywood, programs produced by Netflix and Prime leave me wanting.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Ah, I see. Oh well, on to the next potential.

I watched The Old Guard last night. I was disappointed . I guess I'm getting older. It takes more than a good looking actress to win me over.

I'm finding that in general, as much as I don't like Hollywood, programs produced by Netflix and Prime leave me wanting.

Hollywood is rife with good looking actresses.
    Hollywood needs to learn about the story.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN

I thought it was ok. I think it would have been better as a limited series with substantially more on the characters' back stories added. Of course with the ending there are plans for a follow up sequel or series.

Watched Warrior Nun this weekend. It had potential but it could have been better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom