What are you watching on Netflix and Amazon Prime?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    If you come across "An Evening With Beverly Luff Linn" on Netflix, keep.on moving.

I like quirky independent movies so this one looked promising. It has a good cast, Aubrey Plaza, Craig Robinson, Jermaine Clement, Emile Hirsch. But it was TERRIBLE.

I can count on one hand the movies I've given up on, and this is one of them. It's one of those movies that tries to get by solely on being weird and having an eclectic cast. It was seriously awful. Easily in the top three dumbest movies I've ever watched. I quit on it halfway through.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    369   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Re watching "Braindead" on CBS Allaccess. Quirky, dark, funny, political satire. Skewers liberals almost as hard as conservatives. Ran for one short season in 2016. If you don't flip out at the smallest Trump joke, you can laugh along. I am two episodes from finishing it and have laughed out loud several times.

Interesting thing, the "last time on Braindead" intro is an original song summarizing the story to that point.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4877736/?ref_=fn_al_tt_2

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Always been a fan of Columbo. We just discovered him on Prime and watched the first Columbo movie ever, from 1968. He looked so young. The next one was from 1971. I assume that's when they started making the 'made for TV movies'. That will keep us busy for a while.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Just watched The Iron Orchard. Very good movie on a fictional Texas wildcatter in the 30s and40s.

Interesting backstory to the movie itself. Too long to recount it since I’m on my phone, but worth looking up online.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I might have posted this last summer, but if you like Motley Crue check out "Motley Crue the dirt" Just a warning if you don't like swearing and nudity avoid it

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    If you like the Nero Wolfe mysteries YouTube has full episodes of the Timothy Hutton version, free with no ads.

YouTube also has a 1959 Nero Wolfe pilot that is less than 30 minutes with William Shatner as Archie. It actually was pretty decent.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I might have posted this last summer, but if you like Motley Crue check out "Motley Crue the dirt" Just a warning if you don't like swearing and nudity avoid it

Yep. If one is offended by lots and lots of boobs, you will not like this movie, and make sure the kids are in bed before turning it on.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Just watched The Iron Orchard. Very good movie on a fictional Texas wildcatter in the 30s and40s.

Interesting backstory to the movie itself. Too long to recount it since I’m on my phone, but worth looking up online.

I forgot to mention there are some awesome period vehicles in this, especially the pick ups.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Patriots Day on Netflix. Boston Marathon bombing movie. Watch the end with real interviews.

Even though it is set in Boston the accents are not so bad that you need subtitles for a Hoosier viewer.

Waldojr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 22, 2020
    West
    Patriots Day on Netflix. Boston Marathon bombing movie. Watch the end with real interviews.

Even though it is set in Boston the accents are not so bad that you need subtitles for a Hoosier viewer.

Just watched it two days ago, Love how he gives her a hard time about saying things in a non Boston accent.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Just watched it two days ago, Love how he gives her a hard time about saying things in a non Boston accent.

I watched it this weekend. Good movie. I remember how it all went down. I remember neighbors in the area of the shootout talking about how much gunfire they heard.

I also got a kick out of the couple talking about the accents.

If I recall correctly, Mark Wahlburg was born and raised in Boston.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom