What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My son and son-in-law were in town last weekend so I picked up an assortment. We grilled, smoked, and drank, a lot. I didn't pay attention to many labels, but the one that stuck out was this...

acid-kuba-kuba-infused-cigar-box.jpg

And not for good reasons. It was the only cigar in recent memory I didn't finish. It was like an $8 Swisher Sweet, only sweeter. I don't mind infused cigars, but damn. Did I mention, it was sweet.:D

And do not put them in your humidor, they will taint all you stock.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Enjoying an Excalibur by Hoyo de Monterrey.

It's a bold flavor profile, which as a newish cigar smoker I have been hesitant to try, but I'm glad I did. The flavors are bold and strong, are I have gotten a few different tastes, but they each stand on their own and don't blend into one another. The burn is very nice, even and slow. It's been a great cigar to puff, put down and return to later with a nice even ember.

Also, in general cigars tend to make me salivate, and I find my self spitting more than is acceptable in polite company. Maybe this it's just me growing as a smoker, but this cigar hasn't done that.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    New order just went in.

Rocky Patel The Edge Corojo Pack of 5
    EEA-PM-1021
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    Diesel Pack of 5
    J6B-PM-1002
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    Punch Box of 25
    PUA-PM-1032
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    Punch 10 Cigar & Bobblehead Combo (CI1906)
    PUASST27-SP-1000
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    Alec Bradley Father’s Day Collection 2019
    7YASST50-SP-1000
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Enjoying an Excalibur by Hoyo de Monterrey.

It's a bold flavor profile, which as a newish cigar smoker I have been hesitant to try, but I'm glad I did. The flavors are bold and strong, are I have gotten a few different tastes, but they each stand on their own and don't blend into one another. The burn is very nice, even and slow. It's been a great cigar to puff, put down and return to later with a nice even ember.

Also, in general cigars tend to make me salivate, and I find my self spitting more than is acceptable in polite company. Maybe this it's just me growing as a smoker, but this cigar hasn't done that.

One thing I do is have a cup of coffee when I have a cigar. I tend not to notice the extra spitting. And, to me, they enhance each other quite well.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Thanks for the tip on the coffee. I drink it pretty much all day, so shouldn't be too hard to combine the two. Generally by the time I'm ready for a cigar I've moved on to the harder stuff

BTW, the Excalibur is in that sampler pack from up thread BT.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Thought it sounded familiar. I had it this past weekend. Not too bad. A little rough around the edges compared to the Drew Estates and Macanudos I've had the past month. But it was a lite over a buck so I didn't complain.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    New order just went in.

Rocky Patel The Edge Corojo Pack of 5
    EEA-PM-1021
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    Diesel Pack of 5
    J6B-PM-1002
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    Punch Box of 25
    PUA-PM-1032
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    Punch 10 Cigar & Bobblehead Combo (CI1906)
    PUASST27-SP-1000
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif
    Alec Bradley Father’s Day Collection 2019
    7YASST50-SP-1000
    spacer.gif
    spacer.gif

Sampler pack FTW.

Enjoyed a nice Mac Gold Label last night. I'm thinking a La Gloria maduro tonight.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    For you guys up North with me, The Tinder Box moved from the strip mall across from Golden Corral to a store front on Lincolnway in downtown Mishawaka. I haven't been in there yet but I guess they are supposed to have a smoking room now.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Ordered 40 famous smokes famous 365 cigars. 1st one burned uneven but smooth flavor. Then again it only cost me 51shipped but good enough for garage smoking.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    For you guys up North with me, The Tinder Box moved from the strip mall across from Golden Corral to a store front on Lincolnway in downtown Mishawaka. I haven't been in there yet but I guess they are supposed to have a smoking room now.
    I hate to hear that. I rarely go to the downtown area. But then I haven’t been in the TB in probably a year or more.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I got my order from CI today, smoked one of my Punch Classics. They had modernized the colors on their bands a bit from what I remember, but still a good solid smoke.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I wasn't in there enough to know anybody. The last time I was there they had a "No Smoking for the time being" or something similar to that hanging in the door. The guy working there said whoever owned the building was giving them a hard time about the smell supposedly getting into the neighboring business. Even though their contract said that smoking was allowed and they abided by all local laws, I guess they didn't want to keep fighting them. So they found the place DT Mishawaka.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom