What are you smoking or What do you enjoy smoking (Pipe & Cigar Thread)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Just had the BBQ going and enjoyed a nice 'nub' while managing the grill.

Was a good night. Cigar and cider before steak, bacon and potatoes.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    So on a beautiful Easter day, I have some time to actually sit out and enjoy a cigar. I chose this Macanudo. It's their coffee infused. Wow. Just the right amount of coffee with a decent hint of chocolate. I'd call it a medium bodied, maybe just a hint on the lighter side of medium.

I just scored a 5 pack of these from cigarbid .com for $15. With shipping it's $21. I paid over $10 for the one in the picture.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    Best thing I ever did was install a unit heater in my garage and blow 15 inches of cellulose in the attic. I keep the thermostat set at 45, but if I want to smoke a cigar, work on something, or just escape the house, I can make it 70 degrees out there in under 15 minutes.:yesway:

Late to this posting, but I insulated my garage last fall and added a wall mount propane heater. I can easily raise the temp 30 or 40 degrees, which works great if it is not in single digits outside. I sometimes enjoy a cigar listening to Rush in the afternoon if I have a weekday off.

My go to cigars are anything by Fuente, Oliva, RP, Montecristo. I recently added a pipe to the mix - got a nice Italian made Rossi off ebay for $30. It is at least 35 years old and smokes great.

20190418_185102_01.jpg

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    What's the general consensus on those online / mail order cigar offers? You know, the ones where you get 10 cigars and a humidor for like $29.99.

Is that something worth trying for the novice cigar smoker, or do you wind up with bottom of the barrel cigars?

It seems like a good way to try a few different kinds, but I don't want to waste money if they are total crap. I do like the 4 cigar sampler pouches you can get at most shops, but those are generally all from the same company, and cost about the same or more.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I've done them before. I'm not real picky. Cigars International has good sampler packs. I'll post a few later that you might like.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Here's a mild sampler with some good cigars. The Girls and the Macanudo are great. The CAO, Romeo and Vegas 5 are pretty good too.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/p/cis-wild-mellow-sampler-6-samplers/1499926/#p-189171

This would be a decent one to try. It gives you a sample of most of the bodies, i.e. mild, medium, full. I bought one similar last summer.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com...an-grab-bag-sampler-samplers/1465030/#p-92687

This is where I'm getting these samplers.
    https://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/shop/?q=samplers&s=Score_Asc

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The first one, 8 cigars and a humidor for $15, that's a good deal.

The second one is quality smokes for a good price. They are both good deals in my opinion.

The Arganes in the first one used to make a great smoke for like $2.00 each. I haven't tried their newer ones yet but if they are like the olds ones, they should be good.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Well that 8 cigar deal w/ the humidor for $15 was too good to pass up. It will be here next week.

With shipping and tax it was $19 and change.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    What's the general consensus on those online / mail order cigar offers? You know, the ones where you get 10 cigars and a humidor for like $29.99.

Is that something worth trying for the novice cigar smoker, or do you wind up with bottom of the barrel cigars?

It seems like a good way to try a few different kinds, but I don't want to waste money if they are total crap. I do like the 4 cigar sampler pouches you can get at most shops, but those are generally all from the same company, and cost about the same or more.

I have had good luck with Thompson Cigar website before. Got some excellent deals on some good cigars and they came undamaged and properly humidified.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I love a Fuente Hemingway Short Story and also the Double Chateau. I don't have them often, though. On the rare occasion I smoke a cigar, I go with something really cheap. I also used to get some Thompson samplers, and agree that they were in very nice condition upon receiving them. They were a great value.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My son and son-in-law were in town last weekend so I picked up an assortment. We grilled, smoked, and drank, a lot. I didn't pay attention to many labels, but the one that stuck out was this...

acid-kuba-kuba-infused-cigar-box.jpg

And not for good reasons. It was the only cigar in recent memory I didn't finish. It was like an $8 Swisher Sweet, only sweeter. I don't mind infused cigars, but damn. Did I mention, it was sweet.:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom