• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Primarily. Loading off of the side saddle needs some TLC, too.
    Nobody uses a sidesaddle anymore Dave. Gotta get the shells out of the holders 3 or 4 at a time.
    That's the way I do it. Of course, I usually drop half of them....lol

Last edited:

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Isnt the side saddle used for last resort. I have always seen people loosing them out of the side saddle as they were shooting. Thats why I never tried one. When I was doing the multi gun I went to 5 shell holders on the belt weak hand reload. But everybodys different. Thats why I love the shooting sports always 5 different ways to do something. And all 5 ways work for 5 different people.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I primarily load weak handed off of caddies. Side saddle loads are (for me) what I go to when I'm out of shells on the caddies or when slugs get mixed into a COF.

People who loose shells out of a side saddle are generally using solid plastic holders. Properly made elastic holders from 3GunGear.com or Otto Made It do not have this issue (at least mine have not as well as others I know and shoot with).

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I shot a lot of events, including a couple Awerbuck shotgun courses, with a cheapo TacStar on my old 870 without losing any shells. However, I have seen others with the problem and it's not fast or easy getting the shells out.

Back to practicing. I'm going to get to the range when I can and dryfire. I'll keep the dryfire to short time periods to keep the tennis elbow in check. My doctor won't give me anymore cortisone shots.
    Gettin old sucks....lol

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I shot a lot of events, including a couple Awerbuck shotgun courses, with a cheapo TacStar on my old 870 without losing any shells. However, I have seen others with the problem and it's not fast or easy getting the shells out.

Back to practicing. I'm going to get to the range when I can and dryfire. I'll keep the dryfire to short time periods to keep the tennis elbow in check. My doctor won't give me anymore cortisone shots.
    Gettin old sucks....lol

Is it time for the dreaded unlnar nerve repositioning?
    I think short time periods are best for me anyway , I quit when my attention starts to wander

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I tend to put the guns down during the period between early Nov and sometime around mid january... helps prevent burn-out, and holiday distractions make consistent practice difficult anyway. And by the time I get back to it, I really WANT to get back to it. Once I pick the guns up again, I'll spend a couple weeks on the basics without a timer (trigger control, refining the index, reloads). Then I'll get down to business working to improve my pars on basic index/reloading/transition drills. I'll then add in new things I want to work on.

Something I want to improve on this winter is setting up on difficult and blind positions, and exiting difficult positions faster. I hope to have more room soon to practice, so I can add more movement. I want to work on common "non standard" start positions (chairs, gun in drawer/shelf, etc).

-rvb

Top Bottom