• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I was not meaning anything by it. I wanted to know how he was going to judge his success.

I know what you mean , becoming a great pistol shot is kind of open ended.:)

I am going to set a goal of making ss B class by this time next year.
    I think I can do it ,if my gun is running like my brother says it is:dunno:
    It will be a lot of fun work

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I know what you mean , becoming a great pistol shot is kind of open ended.:)

I am going to set a goal of making ss B class by this time next year.
    I think I can do it ,if my gun is running like my brother says it is:dunno:
    It will be a lot of fun work

Open ended indeed. I was just doing a search on that topic but without success. I am going to start another thread.

Silverlie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Anderson
    just going through draw and mag change times, will be trying my hand at the air marshal qualifying course this spring. Cause slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Nobdy has answered my Question in your opinion full mag (dummy rounds) or not when doing reload drills or does it matter?

I made up some dummy rounds a few days ago and I have been using them during reloading drills. I don't know if it makes a difference but I think making things as normal as possible, while being safe ,should be a good thing.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    Nobdy has answered my Question in your opinion full mag (dummy rounds) or not when doing reload drills or does it matter?

I think it does. You get used to the weight. IMO, full mags feel a lot different than MT ones.

I try to practice in as close to match conditions as I can. Belt on, gun in same place, mag weighing the same, same glasses, etc.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

Definitely yes. Use a full mag of dummies for drills where you're drawing the gun and for the mag you load (not the one you drop) during reload drills.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I practice in my garage. I put a couple old towels down on the floor to cushion the blow of the full mags being dropped. OK so far.

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I practice in my garage. I put a couple old towels down on the floor to cushion the blow of the full mags being dropped. OK so far.

+1 to the towels.

I don't drop a full 20 rd mag of 180s unless I have a really good reason. And, other than a few speed shoots and classifiers, there are few places in a match where dropping a full magazine occurs. And, a $25 47D mag is one thing. A $100 140mm SV mag is quite another from a risk/reward perspective. YMMV.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    +1 to the towels.

I don't drop a full 20 rd mag of 180s unless I have a really good reason. And, other than a few speed shoots and classifiers, there are few places in a match where dropping a full magazine occurs. And, a $25 47D mag is one thing. A $100 140mm SV mag is quite another from a risk/reward perspective. YMMV.

I hear ya.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom