• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    Was up in the game room doing dryfire drills and got to thinking. What drills does everybody else do? I mostly do draw fire from different positions and different hand positions. Then work on draw shoot 2 reload shoot 2 strong hand reload shoot 2 weak hand then try draw to weak hand. And try 12' apart transitions. Then some more reloads but I only have one dummy round in the mag do you think that hurts or it doesnt matter?

f'nstar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Being new to competive shooting i am going to practice reloads, draw, dry fire, anything i can think of to help me out. I need to get comfortable so i can get faster. My first few matchs i went slow to avoid gettiin DQ'ed for a dumb mistake.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I am going to start on page one of Dryfire drills and work my way through it.
    I going to try and get some live fire practice in once a week,it won't happen but i am going to try. It will be more like twice a month.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    I am going to start on page one of Dryfire drills and work my way through it.
    I going to try and get some live fire practice in once a week,it won't happen but i am going to try. It will be more like twice a month.
    Which book are you referring to?
    When its cold out its really hard to get a good practice in. I think we try to hurry a little so we can get in out of the cold.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Is this done all strong hand or weak hand or is it freestyle. And what type of firearms do you use?

We shoot a national match style course, but we are loose with the rools

the actual course of fire is one hand hold but we don't specify which hand, and we allow new shooters or people who aren't really interested in shooting actual national match to use 2 hand hold, we rotate between rimfire, centerfire, and 45 But we allow use of 22 on all matches and any centerfire on the centerfire and 45 courses.

there are alot of 1911's on the line as well as glock, m&p, sig, smith's, ect.

10 rounds slow fire then 2 five shot strings in 20 seconds then 2 5 shotstrings in 10 seconds, for a total of 30 rounds

but you have to remember these are 30 rounds for score and the emphesis is on accuracy.

If you want to ingrain the fundamentals of taking the shot Bullseye is a great tool, its not as fun as slinging bullets at steel but its the fundamentals drilled into your body and mind

BTW you won't be happy with your score, nobody ever is and should not be, we strive to do better at every match but alas I'm human and can never achieve perfection

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Which book are you referring to?
    When its cold out its really hard to get a good practice in. I think we try to hurry a little so we can get in out of the cold.

Its called Steve Andersons' Dryfire Manual.It's on Enos
    It is a series of drills and scheme for getting better and faster at them.
    I wish I had it and a Blue gun with me .
    Bored to tears here

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    We shoot a national match style course, but we are loose with the rools

the actual course of fire is one hand hold but we don't specify which hand, and we allow new shooters or people who aren't really interested in shooting actual national match to use 2 hand hold, we rotate between rimfire, centerfire, and 45 But we allow use of 22 on all matches and any centerfire on the centerfire and 45 courses.

there are alot of 1911's on the line as well as glock, m&p, sig, smith's, ect.

10 rounds slow fire then 2 five shot strings in 20 seconds then 2 5 shotstrings in 10 seconds, for a total of 30 rounds

but you have to remember these are 30 rounds for score and the emphesis is on accuracy.

If you want to ingrain the fundamentals of taking the shot Bullseye is a great tool, its not as fun as slinging bullets at steel but its the fundamentals drilled into your body and mind

BTW you won't be happy with your score, nobody ever is and should not be, we strive to do better at every match but alas I'm human and can never achieve perfection

Where does this take place ?

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm going to practice with my Airsoft again this year. It's a great way to "dryfire" while having a lot of fun. Last year we bought an airsoft plate rack, some small USPSA targets, etc. and it was a ton of fun. That reminds me that I may need to stock up on gas and bb's...

Top Bottom