What are you doing with your tax returns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I try not to loan my money to the government, so I'm getting something like $20 back from the State and around $100 back from the Feds. It'll just get deposited into the checking account.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I was planning to pay off the remaining balance on my pickup. Now I am considering picking up another AR, but depends on what kind of deal I can work out.

jurassicnarc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Our community doesn't even have the basic 1040 + itemized deductions forms available yet. I've been calling once a week.

RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    I havent started my taxes yet. I need to load Turbo tax will probably work on them later this month. I hope to be with in $500 either side on the feds, an within $100 on state. Anything I receive will go into the checking acct.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Just like every other year I attempt to NOT get a return. If you are not out to rip off tye government and the other tax payers then you really dont want anything back. If you are getting a return its your money that you let tye government borrow for a year without charging them interest. BUT they WILL chqrge you interest and penalties if you dont pay up.
    I typically come out to owe a bit on state and do not get much back from federal even though we had several thousand in out of pocket medical and our baby being born in August we still are getting little back from federal.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In my diligence to not let the feds operate off my money without paying interest to me I have not gotten a return in many years. I do however usually owe some amount as this is their game and rules. If late with said payment I am however charged an interest fee by them. Just kinda sucks doesn't it.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I am going to blow it on guns, ammo and clothes in a singal weekend. Then sell it all in the classifieds the
    following weekend because I have poor money management skills.

(Insert Purple wherever you fill it's needed)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I have my deduction set up so I almost always owe federal and break even on state. I'm not letting the fed borrow my money interest free for a year. I'll pay out come tax season... and if I happen to let the state borrow a little money interest free then I'm ok with it because they are much more fiscally responsible with it...

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Trying to figure out how I can eliminate any refund at all.

Sick of Uncle Sam giving himself an interest-free loan of MY MONEY.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Finished my taxes last Saturday with TurboTax only to submit and get an e-mail that says tax returns are not being received by the IRS at this time. I did my son's for him - 1040EZ - and it went right in. Apparently the IRS is not accepting tax returns other than the simplest forms. No date given for when they will be accepting returns.

Anyone else experience this issue?
    Seems I heard something awhile back that due to late changes it would be best to wait till late February to send in more complex returns.

Top Bottom