What are you doing with your tax returns?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    I don't know what all the talk of delays is about, we got ours don at Jackson Hewitt on 1/26 and got direct deposit of federal refund on on 2/2.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I usually don't overpay by much, but working for a nonprofit I don't make a lot. I DO get a large return from going to school.

This year I only have two (2) stupid credit card debts left. I will kill one of these.

I will buy a new phone with the purpose of changing cell phone carriers which will save me a good deal of money each month increasing my cash flow for the rest of the year.

With the remaining money I will create an emergency fund. Once the emergency fund is of a good size my car is overdue for its 105k mile tuneup so that is going to be a pretty big chunk.

So I am guessing in three (3) monhes I will have a debt killed, an emergency fund of reasonable size, a new cell phone service at a large monthly savings, and a better running car.

By spring I might have a little bit of play money.

My accountant tried to file my taxes on Jan 30th. We were the first ones in their office to file for the second year in a row. However, the IRS doesn't have the education credit done yet so she Emailed me saying she will have to resend in middle of February.

Regards,

Doug

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I should get a decent refund- because if I am gonna pay taxes, I'd rather do it in small payments. My plan is to divvy it into thirds- a third goes to student loan debt, a third into savings/honeymoon pot, and the rest will probably go to my px4 I have on layaway plus ammo/holster. Maybe a nice dinner with my fiance for her birthday...

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Finished my taxes last Saturday with TurboTax only to submit and get an e-mail that says tax returns are not being received by the IRS at this time. I did my son's for him - 1040EZ - and it went right in. Apparently the IRS is not accepting tax returns other than the simplest forms. No date given for when they will be accepting returns.

Anyone else experience this issue?

I submitted a 1040 on the 30th, and it was accepted on Monday the 4th.

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    What's a tax return? I changed my withholdings a couple of years ago to take as much of my money every pay period as possible. Reason being, I normally broke even, but I wanted to force myself into the "pay" category at the end of the year. Since I figure my own taxes, this will be my way of avoiding paying any penalty due to healthcare coverage requirements as mandated in the Affordable Care Act. I refuse to comply with their demands. In another year or so I may be forced to file via paper snail mail, but I will subtract the penalty fees from the taxes owed and only send in the appropriate dollar amount.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Wow, this post derailed, that's ok, I'm here to get it back on track. TAX STAMPS!!! BOOYAH! oh and a couple Volquartsen triggers and an optic, and saving the rest for a 10/22. Unfortunately my wife gets half of it so, wah wah wah. My fun/d ends there.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Finished my taxes last Saturday with TurboTax only to submit and get an e-mail that says tax returns are not being received by the IRS at this time. I did my son's for him - 1040EZ - and it went right in. Apparently the IRS is not accepting tax returns other than the simplest forms. No date given for when they will be accepting returns.

Anyone else experience this issue?

According to this and a few other articles:

Experts Say Expect Big Delay with Income Tax Refunds | fox4kc.com

The IRS delayed receiving returns to 31 January. Well it's nearly 6 February now and I still haven't received notification my return has been received.

^This!
    IRS Announces E-file Opens January 30, 2013 | Tax Break: The TurboTax Blog

Simple returns (1040EZ) are being done right now. Everything else is on hold as some of the laws congress passed late 2012 the IRS is still trying to implement in it's software. So for the vast majority of people a return of their money is going to be mid to late march until in prior years where it's mid-late feb.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I am very upset with the way our tax system works. I tried to NOT get a refund and am still getting one.

With the money I'm getting a new bed and hopefully some AR goodies. Also going to put a bunch into savings for a rainy day.

Top Bottom