We've officially lost war in Afghanistan, right?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    As peace talks with the Taliban are ongoing, can anyone make the case that we've 'won' the war?
    The Taliban will still be there, al Qaeda still there, karzai is as corrupt as any, thousands of lives lost and billions of dollars. With what to show for it?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It was folly to ever assume we could implant a democratic republic in a country that isn't willing to fight for it them selves.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Its very sad..i noted that too..amazing no press on losing thewar just obomo claiming to get out and not losing..what a waste..and gee thanks hillary too...
    Lest we mot forget the one thing i remember that started it for me...
    After 1,700 years, Buddhas fall to Taliban dynamite - Telegraph

We should haveelinated them at that time for destroying history

I wouldn't put it past Rick Santorum to dynamite ancient non-Christian relics if they'd existed in the US.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    We won... and now we're overstaying our welcome. Our demands in starting the war were simple, turn over Bin Laden. If they had done that, the Taliban would still be ruling. They didn't, we uprooted their and replaced their govt, and eventually got Bin Laden. Original terms, accomplished. Once Bin Laden was dead, we should have loaded everything up and left the country in a state of destruction as a fair warning to anyone else.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    I am sure that Obama would explain it this way. "We won. I got Bin Laden. I shot him dead in the chest. The Seals were great support for my efforts. Now that we have succeeded in the original goal of getting Bin Laden, we can leave Afghanistan with joy in our hearts that we won."

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    We won... and now we're overstaying our welcome. Our demands in starting the war were simple, turn over Bin Laden. If they had done that, the Taliban would still be ruling. They didn't, we uprooted their and replaced their govt, and eventually got Bin Laden. Original terms, accomplished. Once Bin Laden was dead, we should have loaded everything up and left the country in a state of destruction as a fair warning to anyone else.

:patriot:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I am sure that Obama would explain it this way. "We won. I got Bin Laden. I shot him dead in the chest. The Seals were great support for my efforts. Now that we have succeeded in the original goal of getting Bin Laden, we can leave Afghanistan with joy in our hearts that we won."

Bro, Obama did kill Bin Laden... he was at a secret "Destruction of America and Zionism" meeting (as most member will attest he regularly attends). All the Big Wigs of Evil (BWE) were there. Kim, Benny, Ammy J, all marked present on the roster of evil.
    You see, Moochie got Benny's wive occupied over her tax-payer purchased high end purses, and Barry got Benny alone to check out a new bullet proof turban that Obama can't wear in public. And then like that, Obama fist-bumped him right between the eyes.

Obama then told the other BWEs to get out of there, and called in the SEALs to cover his tracks.

wlkjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2013
    Are wars really won or just settled? They usually just bankrupt the nation who supposedly wins.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    It was folly to ever assume we could implant a democratic republic in a country that isn't willing to fight for it them selves.

QFT!

That's how we gained our liberty. We wanted it and we fought our oppressors for it. I don't think liberty is something that can be gifted via someone else liberating you. Granted, we had help from France but they certainly weren't leading the charge on our behalf against the Brits.

And now we are giving it all that back :(

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

That. Then mission creep set in.

If the criteria is did we accomplish our original mission, than its a win.

If the criteria is did we completely replace a tribal mindset developed over centuries and centuries with a western idea of nationalism, set up a stable democracy, eradicate the poppy trade, create regional stabilization with Pakistan, and give every kid a puppy, then no, its a loss.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN

Think back to the time of the downing of the towers. We the people desired and expected our government to lash out at our attackers whomever/wherever they were. They did that.

A change in political structure was secondary and opportunistic if it hampered the assailants ability to strike again. Did what we could, see ya...

Top Bottom