• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    OKay so I got a better scoop from a kid in one of my classes that works security there.

He said the group of kids were starting to fight and one pulled the gun and tried to shoot, apparantly the target punched him causing the kid to jerk and shoot the ceiling, he said he tried to shoot again but the gun jammed (apparantly a semi-auto, he said automatic but he probably didn't know any better) at that point mall security and 3 off-duty LEOs started chasing the group. the kid with the gun tossed it, and then the suspects in the picture from the news were tackled and arrested on the spot.

the picture was taken by an employee at the T-Mobile Kiosk on the second floor.

All went down pretty quick and there were no injuries.

So let me get this straight, the gun didn't drop to the floor and fire itself? hmmm:scratch:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, if you have never seen signs at Southlake and don't want to know whether or not they are there....look away now.

I went to Dick's tonight and made a point of entering through the mall entrance, rather than through the Dick's entrance. There, in the vestibule, is a list of rules and I may be the only one who has ever read them (a lot of rules and in smallish type). Firearms are prohibited. Sorry folks.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Well, if you have never seen signs at Southlake and don't want to know whether or not they are there....look away now.

I went to Dick's tonight and made a point of entering through the mall entrance, rather than through the Dick's entrance. There, in the vestibule, is a list of rules and I may be the only one who has ever read them (a lot of rules and in smallish type). Firearms are prohibited. Sorry folks.

This goes back to state laws vs business policies. The only thing they can really do to you is to ask you politely to get out because they don't like your gun. If you refuse, you will be trespassing. Otherwise, it isn't illegal to carry your gun in any place of business in this state of Indiana.

So it really never mattered to me or any of my buddies. One told me before he became a cop and he still tells me the same after he became a cop. Conceal your gun if you don't want mall cops on your ass or don't go.

Also from an article I was reading about the incident. What Russian handgun fires a 7.65mm round? I assumed it was a type and the author meant a 7.62 round like the Nagant Revolver or the Tokarev

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I would have a fair amount of doubt that a reporter (outside gun industry publications) would know the difference between a 7.62x25, a 7.65 anything, a 7.62x51 or a 155mm M107.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    #3 prohibited items

signic.png

Sorry about the pic quality, the sign is behind glass and the phone is cheap....but makes remarkably good calls.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    Most likely didn't have enough money to even buy a good cleaning kit and too dumb to maintain his weapon cause it jammed on him.

Top Bottom