• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...If this was a HiPoint we'd see never ending thread counts making fun of a $100 gun malfunctioning after being shot once. Since it's 100 years old are we giving it a pass?

Good thing it was a hundred-year-old gun. As ugly as a Hi-Point is, it probably would have gotten a lot more shots off.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    All those places are becoming a "possible" activity area. The Westfield Mall has been declining in my opinion, only a day shopping area for me. Time to be home after dark, and avoid the weekends. Too many knuckleheads walking around. If you like it... go for it. I don't care if they have a platoon of security there, I still CC there and carry a surefire light, tact knife, and a G19. No guns allowed? LOL.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Love it...my office is right across Mississippi Street from the mall and my window looks out over Gander Mountain, Penney's, Dick's, etc.

Declining? Yes, in a way, in that there is more crime in the area and more teen-aged mopes around. That mall is extremely busy and there are plenty of decent stores there, though.

....and people wonder why my best friend is my new M&P.

farva118

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Lake County
    Just wanted to add my $.02 here and then I'll be quiet. But I wanted to extend a "job well done" to the members of the Hobart Police Department and all the other surrounding agencies that responded. Judging by the camera footage posted at The Times Online (nwi.com), it appears that the location where the three suspects were taken into custody is less than 50 yards from where the shooting occurred.

Bash law enforcement all you want, but it's responses like these that get illegally possessed firearms and gang bangers off the streets.

Thanks again guys for doing your job!

That is all.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Girlfriend just texted back that 2 guys were fighting and a gun fell out of one of their pockets and went off.
    Unpossible. I have read on this gun exspurt forum called INGO that guns do not go bang unless the trigger is pulled.:laugh:

Eez gon, eez not safe.

Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    I love places like these....if you open carry or they can see you carrying they do ask you to leave. But if something were to happen one of the first civilian responders would be someone carrying most likely...

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    it appears that the location where the three suspects were taken into custody is less than 50 yards from where the shooting occurred.

It looks as if they are laying face down right next to the kids' playground. My granddaughter spends a lot of time in there.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ....and it seems like, as the guy who can see the mall as he types this, I should know....but is Southlake posted "No Firearms"? I do not recall seeing a sign there. Also, I bought 100 rounds of 9mm at the Dick's Friday, so that would be ironic.

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    OKay so I got a better scoop from a kid in one of my classes that works security there.

He said the group of kids were starting to fight and one pulled the gun and tried to shoot, apparantly the target punched him causing the kid to jerk and shoot the ceiling, he said he tried to shoot again but the gun jammed (apparantly a semi-auto, he said automatic but he probably didn't know any better) at that point mall security and 3 off-duty LEOs started chasing the group. the kid with the gun tossed it, and then the suspects in the picture from the news were tackled and arrested on the spot.

the picture was taken by an employee at the T-Mobile Kiosk on the second floor.

All went down pretty quick and there were no injuries.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    NWI police agencies use a program called SPILLMAN and dont always talk over the air anymore as its not needed. Dispatchers can IM officers as need be with whatever info they ask for. CAD is also integrated with mapping programs and a plethora of information (arrest record, psych record, weapons in the home info)... fire dept also is using it.

The dispatchers in that city are fairly sub par. Radio traffic inside the mall is terrible also. Its a recipe for bad

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    forgot about the Tokarev. They only said 7.62 so could be either one, but yeah i agree in this situation the Nagant seems far more likely.

Makarov possibly

OKay so I got a better scoop from a kid in one of my classes that works security there.

He said the group of kids were starting to fight and one pulled the gun and tried to shoot, apparantly the target punched him causing the kid to jerk and shoot the ceiling, he said he tried to shoot again but the gun jammed (apparantly a semi-auto, he said automatic but he probably didn't know any better) at that point mall security and 3 off-duty LEOs started chasing the group. the kid with the gun tossed it, and then the suspects in the picture from the news were tackled and arrested on the spot.

the picture was taken by an employee at the T-Mobile Kiosk on the second floor.

All went down pretty quick and there were no injuries.

The story says 7.65 not 7.62 , so 7.65 or as we know it .32acp Russian made and jammed after one round . Does not sound like a nagant to me

Correct can't be a nagant as that is a revolver and per EBR's latest post the gun was a semi-auto which explains the jammimg.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Unpossible. I have read on this gun exspurt forum called INGO that guns do not go bang unless the trigger is pulled.:laugh:

Eez gon, eez not safe.

(I know what you're saying Kirk...)

IS HIGHLY POSSIBLE!

One story say "7.65" and another states ".762". :facepalm: I'll assume the truth is that it's a 7.62x25 fired from a Tokarev - probably Romanian. Fun guns, but definitely a carry piece for a list of reasons.

It's also quite possible that it jammed after the first - probably do to the thug's limp wrist.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    After the scenario, the next noise will be "boom, shlink, boom, shlink, etc as the slide for a 1911A goes forward. Hobart PD has a substation there, I have never seen anyone man it. Well, Christmas is coming, Black Friday should invite a few takers, and HPD will be around. Ho, ho,ho. (freeze dirt bag, freeze slime ball, freeze scumbag, etc.)
    I am thinking of internet shopping, beat the shipping, and have my Kimber on the nightstand, cocked and locked.
    Have fun!

Top Bottom