Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Oh great another song I can't get out of my head! " Rain, Rain go away, Highway to the Danger Zone!"

When I get stuck on danger zone (after the clip in the other thread) I only see my favorite aircraft of all time (beside the P-51) the F-14 Tomcat in my head. I really hate that song now after it has been burned down by over play on the air waves but I love that aircraft.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    My sump pump has getting a work out with the snow melting and now all the rain. My plumbing backs up it it gets to wet out.

Old house old plumbing you know.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    But old homes have so much character. But plumbing, electrical stuff can be a pain.

We rebuilt the house from the inside out and basement up. So it has all new plumbing inside but all that new plumbing is connected to Martinsville's 100 year old sewer system so the purpose is effectively defeated once it starts raining like this. Also my dad was an electrical engineer for 20 years and he rewired the house. So I could pretty much run a TIG welder in my living room and it wouldn't trip the breaker.

But yeah we tried to keep a lot of the old house feel. We used original doors where we could and kept the original trim and baseboards. No wallpaper though. God awefull stuff.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    I made a plug for a buddys basement drain for weather like this. Without it he would most likely have some water in there by now.
    I get a little water in my basement when it down pours hard. But usually I'm fine. If I keep a de humidifier down there it seems to solve all problems.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    We rebuilt the house from the inside out and basement up. So it has all new plumbing inside but all that new plumbing is connected to Martinsville's 100 year old sewer system so the purpose is effectively defeated once it starts raining like this. Also my dad was an electrical engineer for 20 years and he rewired the house. So I could pretty much run a TIG welder in my living room and it wouldn't trip the breaker.
    My dad has the same problem , he lives in Porter. Sewage pipes that run under that town has to be 100 yrs old. They are always tearing the road up fixin them.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

My house has been re-built (sans basement) in the same manner. Dedicated circuits for the plugs carrying electronics/appliances and such. I ran a sub-service to the new family room (old self standing garage we built out to) with a 100 amp panel in it. I incorporated the battery back up through that panel.
    Plumbing was all redone beyond code as well.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Just jumping back on this thread and seeing that it has went to the older I get the more wires I have crossed and the plumbing don't work so good.

.... Oh wait were you actually talking about houses :dunno:

:lmfao:

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Just jumping back on this thread and seeing that it has went to the older I get the more wires I have crossed and the plumbing don't work so good.

.... Oh wait were you actually talking about houses :dunno:

:lmfao:
    Good afternoon Gluemanz! You can bring your plumbing problems here! So, how long has that thing been dripping?:):

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom