Not open for further replies.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Ah... That sounds like 'fun'.

It was interesting. I heard the fryer making a noise I had never heard before, but was with a customer up front. The next thing I knew my production guy was screaming. Fire was put out and no damage to the store but now I only have ONE fryer instead of two until corporate decided to send someone to do the work order I put in. And that could take forever.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    We've been on them about my ovens for weeks. The oven is basically a conveyor belt. Something is wrong with it and it keeps stopping for a few seconds then catching and rolling for a few seconds. Lather, rinse, repeat. Makes stuff REALLY well done. I turned the temp on the oven down but it only helps slightly. Both ovens are doing it too. Sucks.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    We've been on them about my ovens for weeks. The oven is basically a conveyor belt. Something is wrong with it and it keeps stopping for a few seconds then catching and rolling for a few seconds. Lather, rinse, repeat. Makes stuff REALLY well done. I turned the temp on the oven down but it only helps slightly. Both ovens are doing it too. Sucks.
    PizzaHut is the worst when it comes to needing money for anything. Bare minimum staff all the time [so bare minimum generally you can't keep up]. Equipment in a state of disrepair, etc...

You'd think there was absolutely no money to be made in pizza the way every PizzaHut I've ever seen is ran.

[And no, this isn't a judgement being passed on you... Just a saddening observation.]

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    PizzaHut is the worst when it comes to needing money for anything. Bare minimum staff all the time [so bare minimum generally you can't keep up]. Equipment in a state of disrepair, etc...

You'd think there was absolutely no money to be made in pizza the way every PizzaHut I've ever seen is ran.

[And no, this isn't a judgement being passed on you... Just a saddening observation.]

I didn't take it as a judgement. I don't call the shots. The big guys do that. And yes there are many nights I can't keep up. I have a very strict labor percentage I have to follow yet I get b****ed at all the time because my speed of service sucks. Pick one of the other to complain about. You can't eat your cake and have it too.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I didn't take it as a judgement. I don't call the shots. The big guys do that. And yes there are many nights I can't keep up. I have a very strict labor percentage I have to follow yet I get b****ed at all the time because my speed of service sucks. Pick one of the other to complain about. You can't eat your cake and have it too.
    You can when those that call the shots care about both speed and quality of service above profit margins.

The margin on pizza has to be fairly large none of the components that go into a pizza are particularly expensive and it's not skilled labor... I can only imagine those making PizzaHut so terrible for the employees and the customers are the ones that simply want to rake in more money without having to put forth more effort/make changes/actually do anything differently.

Sad - but it is what it is.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    You can when those that call the shots care about both speed and quality of service above profit margins.

The margin on pizza has to be fairly large none of the components that go into a pizza are particularly expensive and it's not skilled labor... I can only imagine those making PizzaHut so terrible for the employees and the customers are the ones that simply want to rake in more money without having to put forth more effort/make changes/actually do anything differently.

Sad - but it is what it is.

Oh they rake in profits like crazy! And some of the ingredients needed are more expensive than others, but simply a drop in the bucket to the company. The thing is that I'm simply a glorified babysitter. My store is only allowed to purchase so much product every month. If we happen to run out, well, tough. If my service speed is good, other areas (like labor cost) are going to suffer. If my labor cost is good, service times will suffer. They don't seem to get it. I make ZERO decisions in the long run. And when I try to, someone higher up "vetoes" it

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom