Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    My parents mostly used their hands to spank me. One time when I was 3, I got up to watch TV by myself (always been an early riser) and the emergency broadcast signal came on. It scared me so bad I jumped into my parents' bed. My dad pounded the **** out of me for waking him up. He left my mom and me when I was 4, and it's probably a good thing. He was becoming more abusive toward both of us.

</oversharing>

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    100% agree , I think what makes this particular thread different ,is that it does show that we don't have to all think alike or act alike to have a little fun. Hell, Glueman will tell ya that he and I didn't exactly get off to a great start, but now he's one of my favorites here. Ya just can't take things personally. Sooner or later we'll agree on something!

Very true. I have went back and reread post and realized that I got caught up in the moment and had to apologize. When I first got on INGO and was trying to fit in and post on different threads I felt attacked and got the wrong impression of some people and even called them trolls. (That was like throwing gasoline on a fire) I have later learned that that are not trolls but are very opinionated. If I will just accept them for who they are and keep an open mind I have realized everybody has something to share and I can learn something from everybody.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I always loved those trips to the back yard to cut a switch for my mom to give me an ass whipping....

Picking out the switch was the worst part of the punishment. One time I picked out a weeping willow. Did you notice I said ONE time? That thing wrapped all the way around like a bull whip. That tree was hit by lightning and died. It was a happy day. :rockwoot:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have butted heads with a few on this forum and have had issues with others. After a few heated debates things usually level out and mid ground is found. I have met a couple of fellas that have had issue with me and we are now OK. As has been mentioned, if we all saw things through the same eyes it would be a boring place.

I too believe that the job of parenting has changed dramatically. People who grew up in an authoritarian environment have chosen to be friends with their kids and not an authority figure.
    Having children and raising them is one of the hardest jobs anyone can do. To make the hard decisions and deal out the hard love when needed (it is needed) along with the hugs and understanding is becoming a lost art.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    My parents mostly used their hands to spank me. One time when I was 3, I got up to watch TV by myself (always been an early riser) and the emergency broadcast signal came on. It scared me so bad I jumped into my parents' bed. My dad pounded the **** out of me for waking him up. He left my mom and me when I was 4, and it's probably a good thing. He was becoming more abusive toward both of us.

</oversharing>
    My dad was boarder line. Looking back he did the best he could. I was more of a middle child so of course I caused more trouble the the other 4 sons. I promised I would never raise my children like I was. And I've done pretty well. Got 2 AWSOME kids who have made me proud. I've never hit any if my kids. Even at 6'2" and 250 pounds I hug my son every day , always tell both of em I love em. Being a parent isn't easy. Sometimes we all make mistakes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My dad was boarder line. Looking back he did the best he could. I was more of a middle child so of course I caused more trouble the the other 4 sons. I promised I would never raise my children like I was. And I've done pretty well. Got 2 AWSOME kids who have made me proud. I've never hit any if my kids. Even at 6'2" and 250 pounds I hug my son every day , always tell both of em I love em. Being a parent isn't easy. Sometimes we all make mistakes.

Unfortunately my sons pushed the boundary's constantly. I was not allowed to raise the 1st 3 until I managed to get custody of them 1 at a time. Tough times on all of us. The oldest of the 1st 3 boys took issue with me when he was 18 and rebelled as many boys/girls do. He took it to the level that resulted in him pressing me to the point that he spent a few minutes on the ground trying to remember his name.
    He was warned and did not take it to heart. The other 2 learned from his mistake and straightened up their game. The youngest of the 4 boys got his butt shook a few times due to his choices.
    Tough love is a hard thing.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Unfortunately my sons pushed the boundary's constantly. I was not allowed to raise the 1st 3 until I managed to get custody of them 1 at a time. Tough times on all of us. The oldest of the 1st 3 boys took issue with me when he was 18 and rebelled as many boys/girls do. He took it to the level that resulted in him pressing me to the point that he spent a few minutes on the ground trying to remember his name.
    He was warned and did not take it to heart. The other 2 learned from his mistake and straightened up their game. The youngest of the 4 boys got his butt shook a few times due to his choices.
    Tough love is a hard thing.
    18 is when i turned to the dark side also. It's a tough age. I look back at my dad now and thank him for being tough on me. I'm sure your sons will do the same. Now you can be a big softy with those adorable granddaughters now. Life's a circle.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I can still hear the sound that dads belt made as it was being pulled from his waist. The song that says "Daddy's hands weren't alway gentle" Tells a lot. I had to fight my ex-wife for custody of my daughter when she was 18 months old and I won full custody of her. When the social worker came to my house to do the home study I was in the floor playing with my daughter and didn't hear her knocking and she came on in the house (it was 22 years ago and the storm door was the only door closed. Thing were different 22 years ago in a small town in southern Indiana).

I noticed my daughter looking up and I turned around to see the lady standing there. She apologized for walking in but it was good for her to see the interaction unrehearsed. I asked my daughter to pick up the crayons and she said she didn't want to so I gave her a timeout. I didn't care who was there it was the same rules.

The social worker gave me some great advise. She said to make sure I told and showed my daughter that I love her because if I didn't another man would. I tell my kids every time I talk to them that I love them.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    My dad would "snap" the belt first! God I hated that sound. But then agian it ment he didn't have a shovel in his hands!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    18 is when i turned to the dark side also. It's a tough age. I look back at my dad now and thank him for being tough on me. I'm sure your sons will do the same. Now you can be a big softy with those adorable granddaughters now. Life's a circle.

Yes, they do. Well, the 2 that are still around. Oldest passed in 02 and the youngest of the 1st 3 decided to head out and never look back. No one has heard from him in a few years. Sad.
    And...yes I am. Melt every time I see those girls.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Yes, they do. Well, the 2 that are still around. Oldest passed in 02 and the youngest of the 1st 3 decided to head out and never look back. No one has heard from him in a few years. Sad.
    And...yes I am. Melt every time I see those girls.
    Your gonna make me have to hug you agian Church!:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom