• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    This is what I think trips people up in the logic department.
    The "manner" conducted does NOT = the "content" collected.
    It gives leeway as to HOW to conduct a count...not as to what info (unrelated to numbers of bodies) to collect.

Exactly.

It's the same way the anti-gunners try and spin the second amendment into meaning just the Militia should have guns. For the simpletons whose purpose it serves, they gobble it up.

You know Joe, you do know you would have still had a job even if it was just going door to door asking one question... don't you? :):

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Exactly.

It's the same way the anti-gunners try and spin the second amendment into meaning just the Militia should have guns. For the simpletons whose purpose it serves, they gobble it up.

You know Joe, you do know you would have still had a job even if it was just going door to door asking one question... don't you? :):

I did ask just one question: "What is the address here?"

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Do the census workers that come to the door ask any questions other than what was on the sheet that most of us fill out? I've not been visited by one. I am curious as to what the purpose in the visit is.

If they ask the same questions, then is a visit code for "Surprise!!! The Federal Government lost your information! Now, about your healthcare..."

Can't say whether it was by design or mere oversight, but my mom sent in TWO census forms (because she was sent two of them) and was visited TWICE. And the second time was not a follow-up visit trying to extract information not given on the first. Both times they treated it as the initial visit. When she said she sent it in twice, both times the response was, "Well, it may have been lost."

Coincidence? Maybe. But it does raise the eyebrows since my mom's location is not easy to find and her driveway is hidden and via what amounts to nothing more than a mere access road that's not even given a name.

I wonder if those who are being visited are the same ones who were so proud of sending in incomplete information!

No visit for me yet. Sadly. I keep hoping I get visited too.

This is what I think trips people up in the logic department.
    The "manner" conducted does NOT = the "content" collected.
    It gives leeway as to HOW to conduct a count...not as to what info (unrelated to numbers of bodies) to collect.

I tried to rep you for this but it won't let me yet. Kudos to you for bringing it up again. I've mentioned it previously but it seemed to have been, um, missed, in the discussion.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Some of them have been asked since the first Census, run by the people that fought for and founded this nation.

Yep and until 1868 few of the questions did have a Constitutional reason. Such as slaves being only counted as 3/5 of a person and Indians not being counted at all.

Collected my paycheck every two weeks in the mlitary, as well. Didn't you? Would you have served on a truly volunteer basis?

Is the only reason you served in the military is to get a paycheck? If not were there other reasons also for working the census?

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Census worker called me on the phone to verify the answers to the questions on the form. Anyone else get a phone call?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Census worker called me on the phone to verify the answers to the questions on the form. Anyone else get a phone call?

they shouldn't have your number should they? when the first(nice) worker talked to me he said they don't have any info other than the addresses they are given.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Well, now... this is interesting.
    On one hand the census people are all "we need your phone number!"...and at the same time there are census people conducting follow up PHONE calls.
    So which is it?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    **UPDATE**

It's been a year this month...just thought you'd like to know she never came back.
    Neither did anyone else. (I know y'all have been dying to find out)

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Oh, and MiniJet told me that the woman really did go across the street to my neighbor's.
    She knocked on their door...pointed at our house...and within 30 seconds or so was stomping back to her car in a huff and left with haste.
    I'm sorry I missed that.

LOL... I never get anything that exciting! We get the JW's and a few 7th. Day Adventists. The best one was the last week when some guy was going door to door selling boxed chocolate candy. The heat index was over 100! He actually looked ticked off when I said no, thank you.
    My son said it best..." DUR DA DURRRRR". :D

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Thats funny. We had something similiar happen. He started off on the wrong foot though, as he parked in the middle of the alley right before my wife was leaving to go shopping. Conversation went like this:

me: Hello
    census guy: do you have a minute? im so and so from the census bureau.
    me: depends.
    him: ok.
    me: First off, is that your little blue car parked in the alley?
    him: Yes, why?
    me: Well, you need to move it, my wife is getting ready to leave, and your illegal parking has her blocked in.
    him: I will move it as soon as were done.
    me: No, you will move it now.
    Him: this form only takes a minute...
    me: I already mailed one in, Im not going through this again. (Door closes)
    He walks to his car and leaves. By god he was right, he would be moving the car in a minute.

I hate it when people come to my door. I know I shouldnt answer when someone knocks, thats the sign that I dont know them, and probably dont want to know them.

-MColford

Top Bottom