• ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    You, people.

If it weren't for getting me a new addition to the Magnum P.I. pics folder, I'd be very upset with you.
    As it is, your donut is by the door, copper. Make haste.

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    I mailed in my census papers and they still came to my house to ask the same questions.
    That being said, I guess I don`t understand all the hate for the census. I`m not telling them anything they don`t already know and the door knockers are just peeps tryin to do their crappy job.

FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    I mailed in my census papers and they still came to my house to ask the same questions.
    That being said, I guess I don`t understand all the hate for the census. I`m not telling them anything they don`t already know and the door knockers are just peeps tryin to do their crappy job.

I agree, just answer and send them on their way. And why are we answering the door heavily armed when we know its the unarmed cencus worker doing their job.

I know whos at the door before they ever see me, I dont answer it with penis compensation.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I agree, just answer and send them on their way. And why are we answering the door heavily armed when we know its the unarmed cencus worker doing their job.

I know whos at the door before they ever see me, I dont answer it with penis compensation.

Perhaps they haven't paused to consider the fact that the "unarmed" person they are trying to intimidate may be neither intimidated, nor unarmed?

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO

Yeah census workers generally aren't a threat. Maybe a little disgruntled or grouchy and the best defense against that is just being down right polite. It's in the mail, Have a nice day!

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Census workers

I wonder if those who are being visited are the same ones who were so proud of sending in incomplete information!

I have a very good friend who is a retired mental health worker. He did the census thing just to get out of the house and make a few extra bucks for a while. When he went to the training he found out most of the people there were unemployed and just looking for work. Sure, some of them might get a little pushy since they are now "G-men" :rolleyes: but then it seems some folks here are the same way because a G-man or G-woman came to their door. As for trying to intimidate you.............Geez. You must be easily intimidated if a person just trying to do a job sets you on edge!
    I pity the Girl Scout cookie seller who may knock on your door! :draw:

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Geez. You must be easily intimidated if a person just trying to do a job sets you on edge!

Or the brown shirts coming to take your guns, or an individual who is demanding information that is none of their business? Just because they can? Sorry.... or maybe is't just those poor folks selling whatever they're selling. It's not my fault that someone doesn't have a job, looks like many folks all of a sudden don't care all that much for the "change" that they voted for.

Who comes to my door without a warrant or invitation is my business.... period... Deal with it.

Last edited:

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    I must just look crazy then. The census worker came by my house. I politely told her I had mailed in my information with how many lived in my household and that I would not provide her with any other information other than my first name. She said "I understand" and left. Then proceeded to spend 10 min in her car writing stuff down. I keep waiting for the unmarked vans parked across the road to leave now.......

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I haven't seen one yet.
    They already have the limited amount of info I am willing to divulge.
    Until yesterday, I was in the same place...and in fact thought I'd see no one at all.

I wonder if those who are being visited are the same ones who were so proud of sending in incomplete information!

I have a very good friend who is a retired mental health worker. He did the census thing just to get out of the house and make a few extra bucks for a while. When he went to the training he found out most of the people there were unemployed and just looking for work. Sure, some of them might get a little pushy since they are now "G-men" :rolleyes: but then it seems some folks here are the same way because a G-man or G-woman came to their door. As for trying to intimidate you.............Geez. You must be easily intimidated if a person just trying to do a job sets you on edge!

Too bad for your friend, but their choice of part time work still does not give them the right to do something unconstitutional...even in the name of the Government. Enumeration means count how many. Not ask for phone numbers or any other information easily available on the taxes I already sent to them.
    Or the brown shirts coming to take your guns, or an individual who is demanding information that is none of their business? Just because they can? Sorry.... or maybe is't just those poor folks selling whatever they're selling. It's not my fault that someone doesn't have a job, looks like many folks all of a sudden don't care all that much for the "change" that they voted for.

Who comes to my door without a warrant or invitation is my business.... period... Deal with it.
    I agree with all that ^. I just look sweeter saying it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If they'd tried bribing you with chocolate you'd have sung like a canary.

:D

Like you have room to talk, ATM?

20081125_choco_33.jpg

:D

You're welcome.

Top Bottom