• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Seeking interest level / number who would come to an Appleseed during the week. :popcorn:

Also which days of the week will work for you?

Shoots would probably be at Cloverdale Conservation Club, but we are just in the planning stages so :rolleyes:........... anything is possible with two Shoot Bosses in charge :D

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I know your ideal is Cloverdale, but I could arrange weekdays at Ft Wayne Rifle and Revolver if you get interest for a NE Indiana Appleseed.

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    riverman67,

I suspect that many week day shooters are on rotating shifts, so this will take some figuring.

sloughfoot,

Will keep that in mind. Right now looking at two available instructors during the week, we are in the Crawfordsville/Greencastle area and I can easily get dates at Cloverdale.
    We shall see where this goes :dunno: anything can happen.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am WAY more available during the week. If the appleseed lines up w/ my fire department schedule it may even sway me to join the instructor core... wait that means i wont shoot as much. guess ill keep my blue hat.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I couldn't do one through the week :(

I am looking forward to seeing the schedule for next year though. I hope to make it to an upcoming winterseed!! :rockwoot:

grunt soldier

Master
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I posted on the appleseed forum but I'm also on a rotating schedule and would love some during the week set ups :) I only get weekends off like every 3 months so this would open a lot of opportunities for me

jrose361

Plinker
    Nov 5, 2011
    is it a 2 day event or can you shoot one day ??
    i have Wednesday's off so i could only make one day

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    If you have been to an Appleseed before you will have no problems attending only the 2nd day of a shoot, otherwise you will be playing catchup on the marksmanship skills. Just realize that fact and you will do fine.

The major item you will miss is the full history of April 19th, 1775, which is given on day one!

But please come, even if you can only do Wednesday!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    This is a go - March 27/28!! :rockwoot::rockwoot:

Online registration is up for this and all scheduled Cloverdale shoots.

Let's fill the line - room for 25 shooters

Dave

lucky4034

Master
    Jan 14, 2012
    Quick Question: ( a bit off topic so please excuse me )

I am super interested in doing some appleseeds this year, and will want to bring along a few co-workers who are also interested. I have never done them, and while it wouldn't bother me much... I just want to be able to relay exactly what to expect to my friends before I get them to agree to go to something none of us have been to.

Obviously there will be some basic skills training, target shooting and testing... and its been mentioned many times that there will be some educational history included in the days events.

My question (again excuse my ignorance, and please note that I am by no means trying to offend anyone here)... is there any sort of religious theme associated with this? Group prayers, verse reading or anything like that?

Personally it wouldn't deter me in anyway from attending... but since I am the one trying to orchestrate this outing for my group, I'd rather be able 100% sure so I can mention it to the others in my group before I propose we drive 100miles.

Thanks for any information and sorry I sort of jacked the thread.

-mike

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ... is there any sort of religious theme associated with this? Group prayers, verse reading or anything like that?

No.

At some locations, there might be an optional Sunday morning religious service offered at the range for any that chose to show up early and participate, but it would be separate and distinct from the Appleseed event.

Top Bottom