Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Or did we?

What did you learn from this event?
    I learned to never take 22 ammo for granted. I bought plenty of 9mm, 45, 40, 5.56 and 7.62x39, but I missed the ball big time on the .22.

We've seen lots of threads about gouging, or whining, depending on your perspective. But, did you learn anything?

If, or when this crisis ends, are you going to be more prepared next time?

What say you INGO?

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'll definitely have a much larger stock of everything. I missed opportunities to get some things gun wise and I won't let another opportunity go by.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    And OP, that needs to be made into a T-shirt!

I SURVIVED THE 2013 AMMO CRISIS!

I'll take two in 2XL, black please.

I've already patented that phrase, if you use it again I will be forced to take legal action. 2, 2xl's got your order! :laugh:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I got lucky. Just before Newtown I'd consolidated calibers and bought 1k rounds each of .40 and .45 to add to my existing stockpile. It was luck, too, not foresight, as I surely didn't see the ammo shortage coming.

I'm well set for primers, brass, and powder, but don't have nearly as many projectiles as I'd like. I have zero for .357, as I wasn't reloading it before "the crisis".

I'm now buying 2:1 to replace what I shoot for my .357 until I have 1k rounds in reserve for it as well.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I certainly will be having a larger stock of .22 LR once prices get back to normal. I have quite a bit, but I really don't feel I have enough to sell any off to take part in the gouging.

navy4422

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Lafayette
    It's over???? Shelves are still empty everywhere. I don't think we're out of the woods just yet.

Some are but I'm seeing the ammo come back, wally world has had some .308 the last 2 times Ive been, still no .223

So I'd say its close to over but not all the way

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I certainly will be having a larger stock of .22 LR once prices get back to normal. I have quite a bit, but I really don't feel I have enough to sell any off to take part in the gouging.

That made me chuckle. I'm low enough on .22 I feel better shooting 5.56 that's going for about a dollar a round. It's almost like lighting a cigar with a burning $100 dollar bill............ .22 who would've guessed?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Maybe not. Still haven't found any .22LR.... :horse:

Me either. That's kind of the point here. I've been through a couple of these "scares" and thought I was prepared only to find out.........
    I'm still an idiot! Besides my wife, who knew?

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I was well stocked on 9MM and ended up trading around 2k rounds to help people find it. Ended up with 2k more rounds of .40 in the process.

Also got to meet a few Ingoers so that's always a bonus.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I remember 2008 and kick myself for not stocking up like I should have.

But in my defense, I was told by several here on INGO that BHO didn't go after the 2A in his first term and would arguably be a better 2A guy than Romney would have been.

Like somebody else said it's the .22's that I caught short handed and it won't happen again. Even though I've got a fair amount of the other calibers, I'm hesitant to use it all up not knowing when a semblance of sanity will return.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I remember 2008 and kick myself for not stocking up like I should have.

But in my defense, I was told by several here on INGO that BHO didn't go after the 2A in his first term and would arguably be a better 2A guy than Romney would have been.

Like somebody else said it's the .22's that I caught short handed and it won't happen again. Even though I've got a fair amount of the other calibers, I'm hesitant to use it all up not knowing when a semblance of sanity will return.

Amen brother!

I bought a lot, but it wasn't enough. Really, .22's who would have guessed. Nobody predicted that one.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Amen brother!

I bought a lot, but it wasn't enough. Really, .22's who would have guessed. Nobody predicted that one.

I DID!!!!!

After the 2009 ammo crisis I realized that it could easily happen again. Over the last four years I bought a box of .22's every single time I walked into Walmart and they were in stock. You can never have too much ammo on hand and it will never get any cheaper. The only people that I feel sorry for are new gun owners. Any person who tried to buy ammo in 2009 has absolutely no excuse for their lack of preparedness.

Top Bottom